I hate this time of year

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

joe h
Veteran

I hate this time of year

Post by joe h »

The long lull between the super bowl and spring sports(March madness, baseball, fishing, golf, etc). On the boring drive into work, I was thinking, why doesn't the nfl start the season the first weekend of October, instead of the Thursday after Labor Day? September is still for the most part summer, usually the prime fishing time. Rarely do I watch games on tv, let alone attend a September game. This would push the regular season into the third weekend of January, Presidents' Day weekend would be the afc/nfc championship. During the bye week, nascar will run the 500, and the last weekend in February is the super bowl. After that there is March madness, spring training, nascar, the spring thaw, and baseball.

Or, start the season the third week of September, then you have Presidents' Day to cure any super bowl party hangovers.
frosted
Career Elite Player

I hate this time of year

Post by frosted »

I can't wait for baseball.

And football of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

I hate this time of year

Post by DK Sweets »

I think you might be in the minority as far as skipping September games goes.

I'm not saying your plan is bad, I just don't think most people skip their NFL games. Actually, in High School, I loved it when I would have an entire weekend of football.
jackal
Strong Safety

Re: I hate this time of year

Post by jackal »

This is one of my favorite times ..its like Christmas and Searching for the Willy Wonka Golden Ticket
all in one .... There are dead spots for sure but looking forward to making the Viking army stronger,
especially with a good coaching staff .. is very fun for me
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!