I'm done

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

I'm done

Post by jackal »

I have been considering this for a while, but I am giving up on the NFL. We have a ton of idiot players, in this league
raping, beating, and would be gangster's in prison; or will be someday. The coach and owners are so corrupt now, they
could give the Senate lessons, on how to be corrupt. The NFL Brass have zero honor, anymore.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: I'm done

Post by Purple bruise »

jackal wrote:I have been considering this for a while, but I am giving up on the NFL. We have a ton of idiot players, in this league
raping, beating, and would be gangster's in prison; or will be someday. The coach and owners are so corrupt now, they
could give the Senate lessons, on how to be corrupt. The NFL Brass have zero honor, anymore.
Does this mean that you are "done" with the NFL and posting on football message boards or are you just blowing off steam?
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Purple bruise wrote: Does this mean that you are "done" with the NFL and posting on football message boards or are you just blowing off steam?
What difference does it make?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

PurpleMustReign wrote: What difference does it make?
Really, you see no difference in someone saying that they are done with something (and mean it and stick by that proclamation) or someone that is just blowing off steam and will continue watching the NFL when things "cool off" :confused:

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Purple bruise wrote: Really, you see no difference in someone saying that they are done with something (and mean it and stick by that proclamation) or someone that is just blowing off steam and will continue watching the NFL when things "cool off" :confused:

I do, I just wondered why you asked him. Maybe it is my mood, but it seemed like you were being snobby toward him. If I was wrong, I apologize.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I think he was being a bit snobby, but I had similar thoughts so it's hard for me to fault him. We saw a bunch of posts like this when Adrian got in trouble, and most were just blowing off steam. Jackal seems to have picked a time where it's easier to believe him, but people don't usually give up something they're this passionate about, and when they do, they usually just disappear.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

I think players got away with way more back in the day than they do now because a lot of players illegal actions weren't even covered as much by then.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Players were just as bad in the 60's and 70's. You can think social media for the magnification.

Are you referring to the Patriots deflating footballs as corrupt? I hope not. :lol:
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

I actually think there is less that happens today and more being made out of what does take place. Back in the older days athletes were given a lot of free passes. Doesn't seem to be the case anymore.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

DKSweets wrote:I think he was being a bit snobby, but I had similar thoughts so it's hard for me to fault him. We saw a bunch of posts like this when Adrian got in trouble, and most were just blowing off steam. Jackal seems to have picked a time where it's easier to believe him, but people don't usually give up something they're this passionate about, and when they do, they usually just disappear.
I feel so blessed that you only find me " a bit snobby" but find it hard to fault me. :roll:

DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Purple bruise wrote: I feel so blessed that you only find me " a bit snobby" but find it hard to fault me. :roll:
You're welcome! We all have faults, but I'm forgiving. :)
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

maybe its the social media ... making it seem so much worse

hearing about the new scandal with New England again ??
really rubbed me the wrong way ...

I hate both of these teams so I really don't care who wins the SB
I was hoping Indy or the Cardinals might go but other than that
there wasn't a playoff team I want to see win this year maybe Bengals
but again its one and done for the bengals
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!