Super Bowl

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Super Bowl

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Well this is the first time in a few years that I Can say that the best two teams will meet in the Super Bowl. This will be a fun game.

If I had to guess now, I think New England is playing way too well now, and they will win it. We'll see what happens in a few weeks!!
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
frosted
Career Elite Player

Re: Super Bowl

Post by frosted »

If Seattle wins, I'm going to throw up.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

frosted wrote:If Seattle wins, I'm going to throw up.
Well I hope you have to throw up. Anyone but the Patriots.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

I'm not for or against either of these teams. It has the potential to be a really great game.
I had felt that nothing was going to stop Seattle...but the NE defense looks legit. The game looks to be a toss up to me.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

I hope the Seahawks do to the Patriots what they did to Denver last year. 43-3 would be fine with me. Would be boring, but I could take it.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
slapnut19
Transition Player

Post by slapnut19 »

The Breeze wrote:I'm not for or against either of these teams. It has the potential to be a really great game.
I had felt that nothing was going to stop Seattle...but the NE defense looks legit. The game looks to be a toss up to me.

that new england defense got worked pretty good by the ravens. i see lynch having a good day and the hawks winning a close one.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I dislike the Pats just slightly less then the Packers. As good as Brady is, he is a cry baby. I hope Seattle destroys them. Humiliates them.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

slapnut19 wrote:
that new england defense got worked pretty good by the ravens. i see lynch having a good day and the hawks winning a close one.
yeah, It's hard for me to gauge the Pats. I thought the Ravens had them and they were the only AFC team I thought could beat Seattle.

The Pats have owned the Colts, and Indy's victory in Denver, while a good one, looked shady to me due to the way Manning performed.

Still the Pats are on a good roll.

I agree that Lynch could be a big factor....even the Colts got over 4yds per carry against NE. They just got so far behind they couldn't stick with the run.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

I'll be shocked if this game even comes close to living up to the hype. I expect the winning team to walk out of the stadium with at least a two score lead. My money is on the Pats to do that. Their offense has been rolling. Their defense seems to be finding its grove. Don't forget this is a Seahawk's team that needed a successful onside kick to win last week and the week before that had a weak carolina team hang with them hard for over a quarter. Two teams moving in the opposite directions. If The Seahawks come out focused and play it close it will be a testament the Pete Caroll's Herculean ability to make a team focus.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

IrishViking wrote:I'll be shocked if this game even comes close to living up to the hype. I expect the winning team to walk out of the stadium with at least a two score lead. My money is on the Pats to do that. Their offense has been rolling. Their defense seems to be finding its grove. Don't forget this is a Seahawk's team that needed a successful onside kick to win last week and the week before that had a weak carolina team hang with them hard for over a quarter. Two teams moving in the opposite directions. If The Seahawks come out focused and play it close it will be a testament the Pete Caroll's Herculean ability to make a team focus.
I think the X-factors are Russel Wilson, Lynch and the health/effectiveness of Sherman and Earl Thomas. The Pats' offense is clicking but Seattle's defense is still formidable. If Wilson doesn't give the game away I expect it to be competitive. I would be more than a little shocked if the Patriots won by more than 10. But, again, a lot of that rests on which Russel Wilson shows up.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

I don't really care for either team. Getting a bit tired of the same teams and the same faces always succeeding in the playoffs; Manning, Brady, Ravens, Packers, Steelers, Saints, Rogers ect ect . It gets boring. The cowboys were robbed by the Ghost of Lombardi . It would have been nice to see ANY new blood . I'd love to see the Vikings, Chiefs, raiders, bills, browns SOMEBODY break this up and make it more interesting. The NFL is getting BORING