NFL to host "Veteran Combine"

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

NFL to host "Veteran Combine"

Post by dead_poet »

The league will host an "NFL Veteran Combine" on March 22.

It will take place in Arizona's during the league meetings. The event — the first of its kind — is self explanatory. It's a Combine, only for veteran NFL players. Per Profootballtalk, it will allow veteran free agents to "go through the same kinds of drills and testing draft prospects go through in Indianapolis, with representatives of all 32 clubs on hand." It's an excellent idea in a league where some players slip through the cracks far too quickly. We wouldn't expect too many players to get deals they otherwise wouldn't through the Combine, but it should help prolong the careers of at least a few worthy cases.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: NFL to host "Veteran Combine"

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote:The league will host an "NFL Veteran Combine" on March 22.

It will take place in Arizona's during the league meetings. The event — the first of its kind — is self explanatory. It's a Combine, only for veteran NFL players. Per Profootballtalk, it will allow veteran free agents to "go through the same kinds of drills and testing draft prospects go through in Indianapolis, with representatives of all 32 clubs on hand." It's an excellent idea in a league where some players slip through the cracks far too quickly. We wouldn't expect too many players to get deals they otherwise wouldn't through the Combine, but it should help prolong the careers of at least a few worthy cases.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
And hopefully prevent some overpaying of worthless veterans.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Re: NFL to host "Veteran Combine"

Post by DK Sweets »

Sounds very interesting. Randy Moss clearly didn't have the same agility when he played for the 49ers, but I wondered if his reported straight line speed was really still there.