Seahawks

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

bigskyvike78
Waterboy

Re: Seahawks

Post by bigskyvike78 »

I feel the need to revive this thread. I have been going to Seahawks games for 20 plus years for the love of the game and because it is the closet in proximity to my home state.

I'm truly a devoted Vikings fan!! I attend these games with my husband and 3 sons, all of which are SH fans. We have also been to some Vikings games in Minnesota and the experience has always been very foreign to me. Say what you will about the Seahawk bandwagoners, but, as for the loyal Seahawks fans they treat attendance like a day of work!! They don't sit down. They stand. They cheer and yell on every defensive play...not just on 3rd downs. They want to make an impact on the opposing teams and they do it well!!

My wish is that the next time I attend a Vikings game, that I'm not asked to sit down! My wish is that we could make opposing teams dread coming into the new Vikings stadium because the fans are loud and proud. My wish is that the fan experience in Minneapolis is better than the PNW experience. Take that to heart, hopefully our fan base can be inspired and help to inspire our beloved team! SKOL VIKINGS! :smilevike:
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

I am glad you have had such memorable experiences at the games you've attended :thumbsup: But I have to disagree with your assessment of MN football fans and what constitutes a good experience. While I am all for getting loud and maybe being able to cause a false start or a miscue I also, whether its a Minnesotan thing or just me, am always very cognoscente of my impact on those around me. While there are certain times when its clear you should be on your feet or making as much noise as possible (3rd downs, final plays, important scoring chances, kick off) I don't feel that the idea of being up and loud for the whole game is necessarily best. You are essentially relegating the physically disabled or impaired, those with a temporary issues (sprained ankles, sore knee, etc) or those without the physical stamina or capability (Seniors, children) to the noise bleed seats or the like.

Now I understand that by and large all people are respectful of people with these issues and I am sure that most Seahawk fan's make localized efforts at games to accommodate those around them but what you are sorta asking is a change to the cultural make up of Minnesota. You will continue to get asked that at games because that's just Minnesota. If it wasn't happening then to me we may as well print out 31 other copies of the Legion of Boom as well as 31 copies of the Seahawks and just have them play each other. The differences in the league are what make having so many different teams fun. Embrace it!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

IrishViking wrote:I am glad you have had such memorable experiences at the games you've attended :thumbsup: But I have to disagree with your assessment of MN football fans and what constitutes a good experience. While I am all for getting loud and maybe being able to cause a false start or a miscue I also, whether its a Minnesotan thing or just me, am always very cognoscente of my impact on those around me. While there are certain times when its clear you should be on your feet or making as much noise as possible (3rd downs, final plays, important scoring chances, kick off) I don't feel that the idea of being up and loud for the whole game is necessarily best. You are essentially relegating the physically disabled or impaired, those with a temporary issues (sprained ankles, sore knee, etc) or those without the physical stamina or capability (Seniors, children) to the noise bleed seats or the like.
Exactly. It's a simple matter of courtesy and consideration for others. It's not just you or just a Minnesota thing. It's the same here in Chicago. Frankly, I prefer a fan experience that allows me to sit down and still see the game. I can be loud and proud from my seat and stand up for big moments. I don't want or need to stand for 3.5 hours when watching football.

They have seats in these stadiums for a reason. :)
bigskyvike78
Waterboy

Post by bigskyvike78 »

Thank you for your thoughts. Maybe its a regional thing....because every high school/college game that I have ever attended is the same. I think that there are sections in stadiums that are more vocal and rowdy than others but I would never be an inconsiderate knucklehead if someone was in a condition that couldn't see, hear, or stand was in my vicinity. Please understand that I'm not being disrespectful to any seated fan, but when your starting defense is encouraging you to stand/cheer, you want to help and be involved. I'd also like to add, that every game in Minnesota that I have been to, has been a dream come true for me. Although the experience has been different , it was still the time of my life!!! SKOL VIKINGS!!! Looking forward to the draft and upcoming combine! P.S. C-link is thinking about tearing out all seats...just kidding! :wink:
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

All that said, I would thoroughly enjoy going to a Seahawks game and not being able to speak for a few days afterward.
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

seattle showed what classless thugs they truly are once they knew they were gonna lose and started fighting like the criminals and crybabys they are. Not a patriots fan by any means but I loved watching the seahawks lose. The only seahawk with any class is Russel Wilson.