Divisional Round Playoff Discussion

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Re: Divisional Round Playoff Discussion

Post by S197 »

The problem is a "football move" is too ambiguous. Goodell needs to make the rule concrete: catch the ball, two feet in bounds, spit on the ground three times, salute the camera, and say, "possession, possession, possession!"

Another Seahawks :yawn: or Packers :puke: Super Bowl.
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

Anybody but Pitt, NO, NE, dallas, SF or gb...any team but those are my top 6 most hated...so, I'm pulling for Hawks and Colts. I predicted Cards vs Broncos before game one, but oh well...

...wisdom
...spirits in the wind and the trees
slapnut19
Transition Player

Post by slapnut19 »

if rodgers isn't mobile i can't see them even hanging with seattle.
slapnut19
Transition Player

Post by slapnut19 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Well I stand corrected on my prediction a few minutes ago, but what a win for Indy.

This will fuel the fire for those (including myself) who think that Peyton had a tendency to choke in the postseason. He was never the same QB except for the year they won the Super Bowl. For all of his records, and all of his success inteh regular season, he never had any real success in the postseason.

In the "Which Manning would you want on your team" question, I would go with Eli, and it isn't even close. And this is something I have been saying for years, since the Giant's second Super Bowl victory over New England a few years ago.
so you would rather have a guy who can't make the playoffs over a qb who leads his team to 10-13 wins every year and gets them to the playoffs? two fluky wins by eli doesn't elevate him in my book. those defenses won those bowls imo.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

slapnut19 wrote: so you would rather have a guy who can't make the playoffs over a qb who leads his team to 10-13 wins every year and gets them to the playoffs? two fluky wins by eli doesn't elevate him in my book. those defenses won those bowls imo.

Manning has something like NINE one and dones in the playoffs. NINE.
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

S197 wrote:The problem is a "football move" is too ambiguous. Goodell needs to make the rule concrete: catch the ball, two feet in bounds, spit on the ground three times, salute the camera, and say, "possession, possession, possession!"

The whole football move thing is irrelevant in regards to the Bryant drop.
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

slapnut19 wrote: so you would rather have a guy who can't make the playoffs over a qb who leads his team to 10-13 wins every year and gets them to the playoffs? two fluky wins by eli doesn't elevate him in my book. those defenses won those bowls imo.

You thin defense won Eli those SBs? Did you even watch how inept Peyton was during his only SB run? He had a 3-7 TD INT ratio, and was completely carried by his defense.

Peyton is a fantasy football king, and a choker. That is about it.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

The Breeze wrote:what a bad game that was.

Manning is finis IMO...wow the guy just can't hit downfield.
I'm about to break the unwritten "don't quote yourself" rule, but this is just too good.

Who predicted the demise of Peyton Manning?
J. Kapp 11 wrote:Bold prediction regarding the AFC West: In 2015, Peyton Manning will play like a guy who stayed with it a year too long.

He's already leaking oil this year. His throws lack zip. He's had 5 games in the past 8 of 85 passer rating or less, including two sub-62s in the past three. Manning has attempted more than 40 passes in six games this year ... Denver has lost four of those, indicating an erosion of his ability to carry a team. This isn't a slump, folks. It's the beginning of the end.

Of course, that prediction assumes he doesn't hang 'em up after a humiliating first-round loss this year ... which would not surprise me.
That's right.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

S197 wrote:The problem is a "football move" is too ambiguous. Goodell needs to make the rule concrete: catch the ball, two feet in bounds, spit on the ground three times, salute the camera, and say, "possession, possession, possession!"

I'll be rooting for the AFC Champion in the big game this year.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: I'm about to break the unwritten "don't quote yourself" rule, but this is just too good.

That's right.
Well done...especially the bolded part.

I can't see him not seeing what has happened.

I will miss his bitter face during losses and some of his commercials....although they will probably be having him doing commercials forever like Arnold Palmer.

Peyton Manning is the Arnold Palmer of the NFL.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: I'm about to break the unwritten "don't quote yourself" rule, but this is just too good.

That's right.
I believe I did ;)

http://4thandlong.co/week-12-im-watching/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

This is a great write up on the divisional round games from this weekend. I especially like his analysis of what the Patriots did scheme-wise to confuse the Ravens.
Belicheck seems like an evil genius once again, pushing the boundaries between "illegal" and "legal use of deception/ confusion". On whether Harbough had a legit gripe:
Did Harbaugh have a legitimate gripe? Yes and no. There’s nothing illegal about what the Patriots were doing. Running unbalanced lines, moving blockers around a formation, and confusing a defense is all legal, and given the importance of the moment, this was a great time to unleash something confusing. At the same time, defenses are supposed to have the right to make substitutions if the offense makes a late change, with the umpire standing over the football until the defense has had the opportunity to substitute accordingly.
Much more at link:
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nfl-d ... ts-ravens/
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Mothman wrote: I'll be rooting for the AFC Champion in the big game this year.
I think the Colts are the only team I could stomach as champs this year.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

The Breeze wrote: Well done...especially the bolded part.

I can't see him not seeing what has happened.

I will miss his bitter face during losses and some of his commercials....although they will probably be having him doing commercials forever like Arnold Palmer.

Peyton Manning is the Arnold Palmer of the NFL.
Hahaha! That's funny!

It's really something when you're a football junkie and you have Sunday Ticket. I've been watching Manning a great deal this year, and to me, it's been obvious. His throws just don't have the velocity anymore. When Favre was his age, he could still fire rockets, but Manning just can't. You see so many more of his passes knocked down now, and he can't hit tight windows.

At this point, I'll be surprised if he DOESN'T retire.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Ugh. I hate the Colts. I really wanted Denver to pull through. It is kinda sad to see Peyton struggle that way. It is entirely possible we just watched the end of an era.

Of course, NONE of the teams I wanted to win this weekend won. Never pays to root for any other team than the team you declared your fan allegiance to. It will be another disgusting Championship weekend and another disgusting super bowl.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.