Fitzgerald

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Fitzgerald

Post by PurpleMustReign »

joe h wrote:He never went to a Florida school, college, or made the roster on one of there nfl teams, doubt he is on spielmans radar.
Lmao... Do the Vikings have anyone on their team frlm FL schools?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Lmao... Do the Vikings have anyone on their team frlm FL schools?

Ponder! Maybe Spielman will extend him! He's not a good starter but I've heard he's one of the best back ups in the league! Just look at Green Bay game! :rofl:

Floyd, Ford, Raymond, Rhodes, Robinson, Ponder
Trattou, and Van Dyke

Our Florida guys.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I know Fitzgerald is on the back end of his playing days, but I think I would take him over Jennings and
most of our guys, to be honest.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
joe h
Veteran

Post by joe h »

Demi wrote: Ponder! Maybe Spielman will extend him! He's not a good starter but I've heard he's one of the best back ups in the league! Just look at Green Bay game! :rofl:

Floyd, Ford, Raymond, Rhodes, Robinson, Ponder
Trattou, and Van Dyke

Our Florida guys.
Bridgewater is a Miami native.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

I just don't understand the logic of joe h's post.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I just don't understand the logic of joe h's post.

Same, must be some kind of FL joke only residents know? Or a FS/FSU joke?
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Same, must be some kind of FL joke only residents know? Or a FS/FSU joke?
I assume the point is that Spielman doesn't draft or sign anybody outside of florida...which would eliminate logic from the post and make it impossible to understand from a logical perspective.

Of course I could be wrong and there could be some limitless logic behind the comment...we may never know.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Luckily he likes drafting ND players too.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

No Alabama players though..he must still hate Saban from the Miami days lol.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

frosted wrote:No Alabama players though..he must still hate Saban from the Miami days lol.

Arami Cooper could be the first :thumbsup:
slapnut19
Transition Player

Post by slapnut19 »

just ask your self this question. if he didn't have ties to the twin cities would you even consider it? most would say no. this team doesn't need any more aging talent. i'd rather use the #11 pick on a wr then sign an over the hill fitz.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

slapnut19 wrote:just ask your self this question. if he didn't have ties to the twin cities would you even consider it? most would say no. this team doesn't need any more aging talent. i'd rather use the #11 pick on a wr then sign an over the hill fitz.
so, you want to pick a WR and sign sign Fitz?
slapnut19
Transition Player

Post by slapnut19 »

The Breeze wrote: so, you want to pick a WR and sign sign Fitz?
no, i said i'd rather draft one in rd 1. if the need for a wr is that great then why sign some guy who won't be here in two years. give teddy a young wr to grow with. not some over the hill guy just because he has a connection to the twin cities.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

slapnut19 wrote: no, i said i'd rather draft one in rd 1. if the need for a wr is that great then why sign some guy who won't be here in two years. give teddy a young wr to grow with. not some over the hill guy just because he has a connection to the twin cities.

hmmm...I would be inclined to agree with you to a degree except due to the QB situation in AZ I can't really claim to know how over the hill Fitz is.

After watching what Boldin did in the past two playoffs and how Steve Smith at 35 made Revis look human yesterday, I'm inclined to think that someone like Fitz may have plenty left since he takes such good care of himself.
I can't imagine any realistic reason why he'd want to spend the next 3 or 4 years with the current Vikes though, compared to the offers he would get from teams closer to the Lombardi.