morelli at it again

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

morelli at it again

Post by Boon »

Can the nfl fire this ref already? How many controversial games does this guy have to be a part of before they realize hes not good at all and/or dirty?
w_huisman
Transition Player

Re: morelli at it again

Post by w_huisman »

I'm glad I'm not a Lions fan. If that happened to the Vikes I'd blow a gasket.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

He was the ref in that 2009 nightmare game in new orleans. He was also the ref in that game last year vs baltimore where the ghost pi was called on greenway after flacco got picked off by robinson
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

and people think I'm nuts for thinking there is Bias amongst the Officials against certain teams. The NFL is a business and the Management of that business wants it's best selling products in the playoffs, championship games and superbowl. My biggest fear is that the refs are hearing things in their earpieces coming from NFL management. And I believe they are
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

I don't like both teams so I didn't really care who won. I was pulling for Dallas to win because I'm not sure how I'll take it if DET wins a SB before the Vikings.

When I read how DET lost, I was disgusted. What was the explaination for the pick up?

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2015/1/4/ ... terference

https://twitter.com/PHIEagleFans/status ... 44/photo/1
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

laserman you have to even take it a step further after tonight's game; i believe it was fixed. and, part of me believes 2009 was fixed the nfl wanted the saints to win it because of katrina. now, they want that green bay dallas match up. dez bryant coming onto the field without his helmet on is alone an AUTOMATIC penalty and that wasn't called. you have to be kidding me. what i saw tonight literally made me sick.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Laserman wrote:and people think I'm nuts for thinking there is Bias amongst the Officials against certain teams. The NFL is a business and the Management of that business wants it's best selling products in the playoffs, championship games and superbowl. My biggest fear is that the refs are hearing things in their earpieces coming from NFL management. And I believe they are
I think there is as well. The incident where the head of officials was on the Cowboys party bus is really going to get some attention now.
I think all sports have corrupt officials, the NBA being the worst.
There are plenty of good Referees in the NFL, I don't understand why Morelli is even allowed to watch a playoff game let alone referee one.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

PurpleMustReign wrote: I think there is as well. The incident where the head of officials was on the Cowboys party bus is really going to get some attention now.
I think all sports have corrupt officials, the NBA being the worst.
There are plenty of good Referees in the NFL, I don't understand why Morelli is even allowed to watch a playoff game let alone referee one.
you are correct. NFL is quickly becoming the NBA/WWF. Not sure how much more of this people can take.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jas ... cs-say-yes
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

mosscarter wrote:laserman you have to even take it a step further after tonight's game; i believe it was fixed. and, part of me believes 2009 was fixed the nfl wanted the saints to win it because of katrina. now, they want that green bay dallas match up. dez bryant coming onto the field without his helmet on is alone an AUTOMATIC penalty and that wasn't called. you have to be kidding me. what i saw tonight literally made me sick.
I'm right there with you. How about the Pats 2011 and the tuck rule?
Superfreak84
Veteran

Post by Superfreak84 »

Yeah I totally disagree with the decision to pick up the flag on Pettigrew committing the face mask.
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

Lol.

Add the Lions to the list of teams whom Pete Morelli has violated.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

you are right in all actuality oakland should have won that game. the nfl is becoming a serious laughingstock. i live just outside pittsburgh and i've been listening to how they had to play without "bell." well, we played without the best back in the nfl all year and still won 7 games. how is he seriously still suspended when ray rice pulled a mike tyson on his fiance? you have to wonder anymore.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

w_huisman wrote:I'm glad I'm not a Lions fan. If that happened to the Vikes I'd blow a gasket.
2009 NFC Championship was worse.
purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by purplehaze »

I am really torn now. I was going to root for the Cowboys but seeing how the Zebras were wearing Cowboy hats and totally screwed the Lions I want them to lose now. Can't remember the last time I wanted the Fudge Packers to win even in the slightest. Maybe I just won't watch the game. That crooked call by the refs should be an instruction video for what PI is.

PS. Bring back the replacement refs!!
“He's like a piece of gristle. He's got a great squirt in the hole"-- Brad Childress.
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

It's tough when man's two most hated teams play each other, Dallas and GBay, both with a chance to get to another Super Bowl. I'm in pain down here in Big D.

Addendum: My Dad is a 'boys fan, and his happiness pleases me, even though I am no 'boys fan...

...wisdom
...spirits in the wind and the trees