No more Cutler in Chicago?

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

No more Cutler in Chicago?

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Adam Schefter reports that the Bears will be starting Jimmy Clausen this week. Is Cutler hurt?

That's pretty shocking quite frankly, assuming Cutler is healthy. He always has been overrated, though.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Re: No more Cutler in Chicago?

Post by CbusVikesFan »

The king is dead. Long live the king!
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... my-clausen

It is kind of startling, but not surprising. Cutler has been less than stellar. Buyer's remorse!!! :rofl:
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

He currently has the higher QB rating he's had since he came to Chicago. Highest completion %. Most yardage (if they hadn't benched him for Clausen). Yeah, he has more INTs, but this is probably the worst defense he's had since he got there. They're trying to send a message. A message that he apparently forgot since Denver sent him packing. He clearly has issues. But to start Clausen? Trying to send a message.

Will he get it? I hope not. Let's see the Bears back where they were before Cutler. :rock:
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Demi wrote:He currently has the higher QB rating he's had since he came to Chicago. Highest completion %. Most yardage (if they hadn't benched him for Clausen). Yeah, he has more INTs, but this is probably the worst defense he's had since he got there. They're trying to send a message. A message that he apparently forgot since Denver sent him packing. He clearly has issues. But to start Clausen? Trying to send a message.

Will he get it? I hope not. Let's see the Bears back where they were before Cutler. :rock:
I wonder how much Cutler ties his own success to his buddy, Brandon Marshall?
And I agree about starting Clausen. What does this say about the QB whisperer, Trestman? Can he not handle his big money QB? Cutler will still get paid, I assume?
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Cutler: overrated against every other team excluding Minnesota :lol: Seriously, WTF. We can never seem to beat the guy (sans 2009 at home, 2012 at home).
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

WOW how things have changed :shock:
The Chicago Bears may have to take unprecedented action to trade Jay Cutler. According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Bears could become the first team to ever give up a player and a draft pick in exchange for a lower draft pick.
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/ ... 34463.html
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

The GM shouldn't even have a job the way this is going.

Could give a struggling team a shot in the arm in terms of interest. If one misses out on a QB in the draft. He's still better than any number of QBs in the league. The guy has always been a headcase, but now suddenly it can't be tolerated. When he's having one of the better statistical years of his career. Look at a few other years. He is what he is, but it seems like coaches would rather have game managers that lose close games over play makers that will lose you one game, and win you another. :confused:
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Demi wrote:The GM shouldn't even have a job the way this is going.

Could give a struggling team a shot in the arm in terms of interest. If one misses out on a QB in the draft. He's still better than any number of QBs in the league. The guy has always been a headcase, but now suddenly it can't be tolerated. When he's having one of the better statistical years of his career. Look at a few other years. He is what he is, but it seems like coaches would rather have game managers that lose close games over play makers that will lose you one game, and win you another. :confused:
Cutler apologist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

frosted wrote: Cutler apologist.

Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

frosted wrote: Cutler apologist.

Cutler is at the top in the league in ints. and has lots of fumbles.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Never really cared for Cutler...just doesn't seem like a team player.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

I hope he stays. Pretty much guarantees that the Bears won't contend for the division.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:I hope he stays. Pretty much guarantees that the Bears won't contend for the division.
His contract pretty much makes him safe.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly