Demarco Murray?

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Demarco Murray?

Post by IrishViking »

I kinda hit on it in the Vikings thread but here's my vision for an off season that involves losing AP

if both sides are wanting to move on (as the current rumor mill indicates (JUST RUMORS I KNOW!!)) then it should be possible to renegotiate the contract enough to make it acceptable to other teams (say down to 9 million a year? 9.5?)

Trade him to a team for their First and and trade either seconds or thirds with them.

Immediately turn around and offer Demarco Murray a front loaded 2 year deal with an option for 3 for about 9 million or 10 million a year. (less then we planned on paying AP)

We get a younger RB with a ceiling that, while not as high as AP's isn't too much lower

What ya think about that?
Demi
Commissioner

Re: Demarco Murray?

Post by Demi »

I doubt Murray is looking for a short term teal. He wants to cash in.

Also not sure AD would be willing to redo his deal.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Demarco Murray?

Post by DK Sweets »

AD probably wouldn't restructure while still with the Vikings, but it wouldn't be crazy to think that he would agree with Dallas on a restructure to clear a trade to the Cowboys. It's likely that the Vikings will find somebody to trade for him, and if taking a slight pay cut helps him pick his destination it would be an easy choice for him.

I also don't think Murray would command 9-10mil. He's more likely to go somewhere around 5 year/40mil/20 guaranteed. That total would put him below AD, McCoy, and Foster but above Charles, Lynch, and Forte; also top 5 on both total and guaranteed money.

It's an intriguing idea, but if the Vikings are going that route, I'd rather them throw cash at McCourty or one of the guards and then get a RB in the draft.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Demi wrote:I doubt Murray is looking for a short term teal. He wants to cash in.

Also not sure AD would be willing to redo his deal.
He's already indicated he would be willing to rework his deal for a better situation
If Peterson isn't reinstated until April 15, he'd return to the league more than a month after the start of free agency. But when asked if he thought that meant no team could pay him as much as the Vikings are scheduled to, Peterson said, "I don't know if that would be the case. But you know, as far as being happy, as far as my family being happy, it's bigger than that."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12350 ... api_public
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Most of those numbers were just vague ideas.

The gist of it is, get a good deal for AP and sign Murray for less.
nfcnorthchamps25
Backup

Post by nfcnorthchamps25 »

If we are gonna build around teddy then we don't need to spend big money on a RB whether it be Peterson or Murray. McKinnon or a rookie will be just fine. Spend the money on a WR or oline help.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Murray to the Eagles :confused:
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

DK Sweets wrote:AD probably wouldn't restructure while still with the Vikings, but it wouldn't be crazy to think that he would agree with Dallas on a restructure to clear a trade to the Cowboys. It's likely that the Vikings will find somebody to trade for him, and if taking a slight pay cut helps him pick his destination it would be an easy choice for him.

I also don't think Murray would command 9-10mil. He's more likely to go somewhere around 5 year/40mil/20 guaranteed. That total would put him below AD, McCoy, and Foster but above Charles, Lynch, and Forte; also top 5 on both total and guaranteed money.

It's an intriguing idea, but if the Vikings are going that route, I'd rather them throw cash at McCourty or one of the guards and then get a RB in the draft.
dead_poet wrote:
Boosh! Am I great or what?