Devon Still's Daughter's Cancer in Remission

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Devon Still's Daughter's Cancer in Remission

Post by PurpleMustReign »

This is a great story!!! I am so happy for her and the family of Devon and Leah Still!! There is more at the link, he posted on Instagram of the feeling he had when the remission was confirmed.

http://www.foxsports.com/ohio/story/lea ... 2008450275
One of the most compelling recent stories in the sporting world now has a happy ending.

Cincinnati Bengals' tackle Devon Still announced on Wednesday that his daughter Leah Still's cancer is officially in remission.

Still shared the news and thanked everyone for their ongoing support via his Instagram account.
The news comes one week after Still shared encouraging results about Leah's diagnosis from an MIBG scan, which searches the body for tumors.

Two days after the initial results, the Bengals signed Still to a one-year contract.

Talk about the best week ever.

Last week, Still revealed in a conference call with the media that the Bengals had offered him a one-year deal, but he waited to see how his daughter was doing before making a decision. He agreed to terms when he saw the results of her tests showed her cancer treatments are working.

"Everything really depended upon my daughter's results," Still said during the conference call. "Now that they are going the right way, obviously I am going back to Cincinnati because that's the team that drafted me and stood by me the whole time."

Leah, who was diagnosed with Stage IV neuroblastoma last June, has been an inspiration to many as she and her father vowed to always "keep fighting no matter what."

Her story has touched many lives and will surely continue to do so, especially considering how it ends.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
S197
Fenrir

Re: Devon Still's Daughter's Cancer in Remission

Post by S197 »

Awesome!
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Re: Devon Still's Daughter's Cancer in Remission

Post by DK Sweets »

Great news!
jackal
Strong Safety