Cowboys

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Cowboys

Post by jackal »

wow I watched the CowboysVs bears game and there OL looked really strong.

The Left Guard had Jarad Allen down and was knocking him around really bad..

The Cowboys look great one game and then the next look terrible .. strange team
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Re: Cowboys

Post by PacificNorseWest »

I've been a big Tony Romo fan for awhile I pay attention to the Cowboys more than I probably should just because I want to see Romo do well. Their O-line is amazing. DeMarco Murray was nothing special before this year, but obviously the praise he's getting this year should be in most part attested to that line he's got.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Tony Romo is not the reason for their success.. its their wide outs, receivers, and O line getting it done.
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

The Cowboys are going to get demolished in the divisional round of the playoffs.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

jackal wrote:Tony Romo is not the reason for their success.. its their wide outs, receivers, and O line getting it done.
Would you like to point out where I said otherwise?

And your crazy if you're not willing to give Romo any credit. He's single-handedly won games for Dallas over the years and now they finally have a decent team around him and you're giving ALL credit to practically every unit except quarterback? :lol: Okay.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Would you like to point out where I said otherwise?

And your crazy if you're not willing to give Romo any credit. He's single-handedly won games for Dallas over the years and now they finally have a decent team around him and you're giving ALL credit to practically every unit except quarterback? :lol: Okay.
Can you point out where he said you did?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Touche, however, it's a safe assumption considering I'm the only one who mentioned Romo and his post came right after mine. If it had nothing to do with my post, then I apologize, jackal. I still think you're downplaying Romo's impact on the Cowboys though.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Romo.. The guy like all famous QB's get probably too much blame and credit for his play...

Is the guy talented and has a great arm, yes

Is the guy worth 100+ Million, heck no ...IMO. A NFL winning QB has to be a leader, and make all the players around him
better. The guy takes off to Mexico; when he should have been getting ready for the playoffs. Result, the Cowboys
get smacked around. Then he misses non mandatory practices in the off season (right after he signs the big money)
I think if he had Peyton's work ethic, he would be very very good. Instead of very talented. I wish I had a talent like
Romo or some of these morons that never become what they should be.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Dallas has shocked me this season. They are playing the best football in the league right now ...
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

jackal wrote:Romo.. The guy like all famous QB's get probably too much blame and credit for his play...

Is the guy worth 100+ Million, heck no ...IMO. A NFL winning QB has to be a leader, and make all the players around him
better. The guy takes off to Mexico; when he should have been getting ready for the playoffs. Result, the Cowboys
get smacked around. Then he misses non mandatory practices in the off season (right after he signs the big money)
I think if he had Peyton's work ethic, he would be very very good. Instead of very talented. I wish I had a talent like
Romo is playing lights out this season.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Do not think that for a second Jones would not deal for AD. The Vikes, if they play their cards right, might end up with a nice trade partner that would benifit both teams.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

jackal wrote:Romo.. The guy like all famous QB's get probably too much blame and credit for his play...

Mexico? That was like 5 years ago.

People grow. Romo has grown a lot, and he's a legit MVP candidate this year. He won't win it because voters will split between him and Murray. But he definitely belongs in the discussion, and to deny his impact on the team's success is simply anti-Romo bias.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Mexico? That was like 5 years ago.

People grow. Romo has grown a lot, and he's a legit MVP candidate this year. He won't win it because voters will split between him and Murray. But he definitely belongs in the discussion, and to deny his impact on the team's success is simply anti-Romo bias.
Its not Bias, its the truth for most of Romo's career he screwed it up big time on the field and off. I think Romo can be a winning NFL
QB and is very talented. If Romo uses his talent and stays out of his own way this post season. I will give him his due.

If Jerry Jones; who is just a ego maniac person did not own the team.. I might be a Cowboys fan, and the fact that their fan base lives in the
past and seem to be poorly educated, as a group.