UK series/franchise thoughts

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

SkolUK
Waterboy

UK series/franchise thoughts

Post by SkolUK »

First time poster here as this is my first season watching the NFL. I live in North East England and my friends and I were given tickets at work to watch the NFL games at Wembley this year. We have all got absolutely hooked since! Took me a while to pick my team until I watched my first Vikes game. It was an instant thing for me, I knew they were my team.
Anyway, I was wondering what the thoughts of U.S fans were regarding the matches in London and the possibility of an NFL franchise based there. We really only hear the British side of things, not the opinions of loyal fans who've followed their teams for years.

Skol Vikes, from a new fan!
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Re: UK series/franchise thoughts

Post by Purpnation »

SkolUK wrote:First time poster here as this is my first season watching the NFL. I live in North East England and my friends and I were given tickets at work to watch the NFL games at Wembley this year. We have all got absolutely hooked since! Took me a while to pick my team until I watched my first Vikes game. It was an instant thing for me, I knew they were my team.
Anyway, I was wondering what the thoughts of U.S fans were regarding the matches in London and the possibility of an NFL franchise based there. We really only hear the British side of things, not the opinions of loyal fans who've followed their teams for years.

Skol Vikes, from a new fan!

I'll warn you now, being a Vikings fan is a long, painful road. Dont take this decision lightly.
SkolUK
Waterboy

Re: UK series/franchise thoughts

Post by SkolUK »

Ha, I did my homework. The lack of a Superbowl was a contributing factor, I didn't want to jump on a really successful team. I'm also used to years of hurt, my soccer team hasn't won anything for 40+ years. Can't chamge my mind now! I'm in it for the long haul now