Darryl Talley having a tough life after football

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Darryl Talley having a tough life after football

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Another one of my favorite players from when the Bills of the 90s (as well as a formal Viking). It is frightening that so many players are having mental issues like this.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... ryl-talley

He's 54, but his body is a wreck and continues to crumble. He suspects collisions from playing linebacker for 14 NFL seasons, a dozen with the Buffalo Bills, have damaged his brain. He's often depressed beyond the point of tears. He's bitter at the National Football League for discarding him and denying that he's too disabled to work anymore. He says the Bills have jilted him, too. He learned after he retired that he'd played with a broken neck. He had a heart attack in his 40s. He lost his business. The bank foreclosed on the Talleys' home of 17 years. Against her husband's pride, Janine Talley has accepted money from friends to pay the bills. He contemplates killing himself.
This looks like it could be another case that is resulting from too many concussions, among some other things. It is really sad to see this happening to so many former NFL players.

The comments under the article are very disturbing. It is too bad that some people have that mentality.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
jackal
Strong Safety

Re: Darryl Talley having a tough life after football

Post by jackal »

I didn't know Talley was a Viking. I think players should have some of their money; in contracts spread out
to later in life, and the NFL should have much better medical and retirement for these guys. The league and owners are making
Billions, they can afford it.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!