Former Viking Jared Allen: We're Still Not Out of This

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

frosted
Career Elite Player

Former Viking Jared Allen: We're Still Not Out of This

Post by frosted »

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_269 ... ggles-were
For a seventh straight year, the Vikings figure to have a right defensive end with double figures in sacks. Only this time his name isn't Jared Allen.

Everson Griffen has replaced the departed Allen and has nine sacks through nine games. And there are few prouder about that than Allen, who bolted the Vikings as a free agent after six seasons to sign with Chicago and will line up against his former team Sunday at Soldier Field.

"Everson's having a great year, so I just congratulate him on his success," Allen said Tuesday in a phone interview. "I've texted him. Obviously, he worked behind me for a few years, and I'd like to think I had an impact on how he played just from helping him with stuff and showing him stuff. But obviously he's an athletic freak. And I always knew that one day he had all-pro potential."
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Re: Former Viking Jared Allen: We're Still Not Out of This

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Misleading title. :lol:
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

The title is fine, it's more of a misleading section that was taken out. The majority of the article is Allen talking about the Bear's chances.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

and I'd like to think I had an impact on how he played just from helping him with stuff and showing him stuff.
What an arrogant jerk. Guy never won anything anywhere, always cared more about his sacks than the team.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Demi wrote: What an arrogant jerk. Guy never won anything anywhere, always cared more about his sacks than the team.
I disagree...he was instrumental in getting Favre on board and they had him at dinners with other FAs. I think he's very self confident with an appreciable ego.....but he's a team player and a good guy. Maybe not the smartest guy...but who is?
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Demi wrote: What an arrogant jerk. Guy never won anything anywhere, always cared more about his sacks than the team.
Everson is still friends with Jared and says himself that he learned a lot from him.
http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/vide ... dedb6284af