Packers/Bears

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Packers/Bears

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

How are the Packers, and especially Rogers, so good, so many times. Kind of sickening. Rogers just takes whatever receiver and makes him great.
purpletinted66
Starter

Re: Packers/Bears

Post by purpletinted66 »

Airhead rogers need only be sacked, or the dbs need eyes in the back of their head....

sent from tapatio talk
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Wow, the Bears are bad. This might be the worst defense I've ever seen.

Can't wait to destroy them next week.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Wow, the Bears are bad. This might be the worst defense I've ever seen.

Can't wait to destroy them next week.
Same. Should be a good game. If things work out, they will be the cellar dwellers soon.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:How are the Packers, and especially Rogers, so good, so many times. Kind of sickening. Rogers just takes whatever receiver and makes him great.
There will increasingly be more and more QBs like Rodgers, putting up ridiculous numbers as you remove toughness and durability as a required characteristic to be successful playing QB in the NFL. This is the result of the rule changes. I would pursue Rodgers and injure him regardless of penalties or fines or suspensions if I were a player for the bears in this game. He would be tasting the turf often and even if he didn't have the ball in his hands. We need a team that brings back that spirit of those old raiders teams and just doesn't give a dang to rock the NFL. They are going to beat on opposing QBs like pinatas. I really hate the NFL.

end rant.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:How are the Packers, and especially Rogers, so good, so many times. Kind of sickening. Rogers just takes whatever receiver and makes him great.
I just saw a graphic on TV ... the Packers only have 5 players on their roster who have EVER played for another team.

That might be your best reason. These guys draft and develop really, really well. Sickens me, too.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Wow. Six TD passes in the half for Rodgers.

I didn't think anybody could play worse against the Packers than we did.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

This bears @ GB game...

Post by Orion »

Are there Bears really this bad? Do we actually have a good chance to win in Chicago for the first time since 2007? Especially if Peterson plays? We did play the Packers better in GB and that was with Ponder at the helm. I'm starting to feel good about our chances next Sunday.
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: This bears @ GB game...

Post by fiestavike »

check the nfl talk section for ongoing thread.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Holy crap...just got online and saw this score.

I think the Bears are in a free fall....but the Packers are just playing great football on offense for the better part of a month.

I thought Rofolburger was gonna break the single game TD record ...but Rodgers could do it tonight. Against the Bears would be extra salty for that rivalry. I hope they leave him in for the record..... doubt it though
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

yes! thats in #24. When you are in a game like this you may lose but you have to make the other team pay for it and feel it for a few days. Put a little fight back in you boys!
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Oh my gosh.

A Packer dude just blocked a Bears punt with his foot. He kicked the ball before the punter did.

I'm not prone to hyperbole, but this performance by the Bears may be the worst I've seen by any team in 45 years of watching the NFL.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Oh my gosh.

A Packer dude just blocked a Bears punt with his foot. He kicked the ball before the punter did.

I'm not prone to hyperbole, but this performance by the Bears may be the worst I've seen by any team in 45 years of watching the NFL.
I think we played a pretty similar game against GB last year where they never punted once, didn't we?
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

:?:
Packers overrated garbage. All they have is Rodgers! :lol:
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

fiestavike wrote: I think we played a pretty similar game against GB last year where they never punted once, didn't we?
Sorry. I don't think I was clear.

The BEARS lined up to punt. The Packer guy blocked the punt ... with his foot. I'm not kidding.

The Packer dude came in for the block so fast and untouched that he jumped actually up and hit the ball with his foot ... right in the middle of the Bears' punter's drop. It was actually ruled a fumble and not a blocked punt because the Bears punter didn't actually hit the ball with his foot. But the Packer dude did.

Unbelievably bad special teams play by the Bears.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.