View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Harvin traded to Jets 
Site Admin

Post Re: Harvin traded to Jets
PurpleHalo wrote:
chicagopurple wrote:
We shouldn't be TOOO smug here in Viking -land, Its hard to argue that WE have a WR any better then Percy, even WITH all his warts.

Patterson is still learning, we will be happy with this in a couple years.

I certainly wouldn't trade Patterson for Harvin. In my mind that makes Patterson the better WR ... even without the production I'd like.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:10 am
Commissioner

I'd rather have a real WR than either of them....

Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:17 pm
Site Admin

Demi wrote:

Harvin's a real WR ... he's just also good out of the back field, often injured, and a pain in the locker room. Patterson is still learning, we'll see how he ends up ... I imagine he's 'real' too though.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:37 am
Defensive Tackle

Cliff wrote:
Demi wrote:

Harvin's a real WR ... he's just also good out of the back field, often injured, and a pain in the locker room. Patterson is still learning, we'll see how he ends up ... I imagine he's 'real' too though.

He used to be a wooden boy but he's real now. :)

Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:09 am
Site Admin

Mothman wrote:
Cliff wrote:
Demi wrote:

He used to be a wooden boy but he's real now. :)

Patterson is still working on it. Every time he gets jammed on the line his hair grows an inch!

Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:31 am
Defensive Tackle

Cliff wrote:
Patterson is still working on it. Every time he gets jammed on the line his hair grows an inch!

That's why he has to bundle it in that hair net/cap thing he wears...

Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:52 am
Site Admin

Mothman wrote:
Cliff wrote:

One day he'll go over 1,000 yards receiving ... then he'll be a real boy ... err ... wide receiver.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:44 am
Defensive Tackle

Cliff wrote:
Mothman wrote:
Cliff wrote:

One day he'll go over 1,000 yards receiving ... then he'll be a real boy ... err ... wide receiver.

:lol: First, he'll have to be traded to the Broncos (the closest NFL equivalent of being turned into a donkey).

Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:53 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Mothman wrote:

:lol: First, he'll have to be traded to the Broncos (the closest NFL equivalent of being turned into a donkey).

Is this a whole riff on Pinocchio? This board has gone CRAZY! :rofl:

Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:40 pm
Defensive Tackle

fiestavike wrote:

I've got no strings on me! ;)

Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:43 pm
Hall of Famer

Speaking of the Broncos, anyone else tired of seeing them every other Thursday night, and other prime time games? And the commercials Payton is in? I am so sick of it, I hope they lose games. Even though I know im watching maybe the best QB, ever.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:59 pm
Career Elite Player

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
Speaking of the Broncos, anyone else tired of seeing them every other Thursday night, and other prime time games? And the commercials Payton is in? I am so sick of it, I hope they lose games. Even though I know im watching maybe the best QB, ever.

Haha, yeah I am not a big fan of AFC football in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:02 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

PurpleKoolaid wrote:

'eh, whatever. I do find their games quite boring, so I just don't watch them.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:00 am
Commissioner

Finally.

Percy Harvin - WR - Jets

ESPN Jets reporter Rich Cimini said New York wants to make Harvin a "downfield threat."

Harvin was used as essentially a pass-catching running back in Seattle, catching balls at or near the line of scrimmage and being asked to make plays himself. The Jets will likely push Harvin down the field more.
Source: ESPN New York

Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:53 am
Defensive Tackle

dead_poet wrote:
Finally.

Percy Harvin - WR - Jets

ESPN Jets reporter Rich Cimini said New York wants to make Harvin a "downfield threat."

Harvin was used as essentially a pass-catching running back in Seattle, catching balls at or near the line of scrimmage and being asked to make plays himself. The Jets will likely push Harvin down the field more.

It will be interesting to see how it works out. Musgrave tried it at times with mixed results. Harvin can definitely make plays down the field.

Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:05 am
Starting Wide Receiver

Mothman wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
Finally.

Percy Harvin - WR - Jets

It will be interesting to see how it works out. Musgrave tried it at times with mixed results. Harvin can definitely make plays down the field.

How are his route running? I wonder why Seattle didn't do this more...

Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:06 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Defensive Tackle

PurpleMustReign wrote:
How are his route running? I wonder why Seattle didn't do this more...

He's never been very good at it (he tends to round routes off) and as others have pointed out, his size is a disadvantage when running routes downfield. His speed can make up for that and enable him to create separation.

I can't speak to why Seattle used him as they did but I thought one of the main reasons the Vikes threw a lot of passes to him near the line was simply to get the ball in his hands and give him a chance to make something happen. They sent him on downfield routes and even hit some of them but he was more effective as a runner with the ball in his hands than as a route runner trying to get open for the ball. Plus, they seemed to want him to touch the ball 10-15 times a game when they could make it happen and it's easier to do that by mixing in a number of short routes and runs. It's a lot harder to get an outside receiver that many touches per game, especially one with Harvin's skill set.

Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:05 pm
Commissioner

Quote:
I can't speak to why Seattle used him as they did but I thought one of the main reasons the Vikes threw a lot of passes to him near the line was simply to get the ball in his hands and give him a chance to make something happen.

Having a QB with questionable arm strength and horrible down field accuracy probably had an impact too. :twisted:

Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:25 pm
Defensive Tackle

Demi wrote:
Quote:
I can't speak to why Seattle used him as they did but I thought one of the main reasons the Vikes threw a lot of passes to him near the line was simply to get the ball in his hands and give him a chance to make something happen.

Having a QB with questionable arm strength and horrible down field accuracy probably had an impact too. :twisted:

:roll:

Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:17 pm
Hall of Famer

dead_poet wrote:
Finally.

Percy Harvin - WR - Jets

Favre tried to get Harvin involved down field and they had some success doing it. Harvin has always had the ability to be a natural wide-out and not just a gimmick player. Maybe New York is where he will find his niche and surprise people.

Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:49 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Mothman wrote:
Demi wrote:
Quote:

Deep breaths :lol:

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.

Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:32 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Mothman wrote:
Demi wrote:
Quote:

Its probably part of it. Other than Favre, we havent had a good deep ball thrower since Culpepper or George.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Famer

harvin kinds of reminds me of devin hester. a homerun threat you have too gameplan for but not a great wr. he looks likes he's a cancer in the locker rooms though. hope he changes.

Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:00 pm
Hall of Famer

Harvin was and IS a Slot Reciever and a specialty threat. Trying to force him into a typical WR will not work well. He lacks size, Strength, dedication to precise route running and the skill set to get open as a WR. Use him where his Skill set works the best

Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:42 am
Career Elite Player

Harvin doesn't have strength?...That's news to me.

Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:17 pm
Strong Safety

Harvin has amazing physical skills.. its his mental strengths and abilities to deal with set backs, losses and other team
members that will end his career, if he keeps it up.. Look at T.O. and Ocho Cinco... no team wants to deal with the distractions

Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:30 pm
Commissioner

jackal wrote:
Harvin has amazing physical skills.. its his mental strengths and abilities to deal with set backs, losses and other team
members that will end his career, if he keeps it up.. Look at T.O. and Ocho Cinco... no team wants to deal with the distractions

Don't forget a certain Randy Moss.
Headcase jerks poison locker rooms and rarely win super bowls. Even though TO helped the Eagles and Moss the Patriots. Neither team managed. Despite being two damn good receivers. they just don't have the mind set.

Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:04 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Mothman wrote:
fiestavike wrote:

I've got no strings on me! ;)

He is a chip off of the old block :lol:

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.

Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:53 pm
Commissioner

Quote:
Harvin could miss the rest of the season after suffering an ankle injury Sunday against the Vikings, ESPN.com reports.

Still not injury prone. :rofl:

Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:14 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Cliff wrote:
Mothman wrote:
Cliff wrote:

Who? Harvin or Patterson?

FWIW, both Charles Johnson and Jarius Wright had at least as good as a season as Harvin. Well, Harvin had Johnson by 8 yards but Johnson had Harvin by a TD.

Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next