Harvin traded to Jets

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Superman
Backup

Harvin traded to Jets

Post by Superman »

For mid-round pick supposedly. Kinda feels good.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Harvin to the Jets?!

Post by Dmizzle0 »

Wow. I wonder what made the Hawks not want him anymore?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Harvin traded to Jets

Post by Mothman »

According to John Clayton, "Seattle will receive a conditional draft pick in 2015, which will range from a second- to fourth-round pick".

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_ ... -york-jets
liquid_mojo
Veteran

Post by liquid_mojo »

Wow, that's pretty surprising after giving up so many picks to get him plus giving him the huge contract he wanted...they must have really wanted him out of the locker room to ship him out for such little in return. I'm not cap expert, but maybe they decided the cap room his contract was eatting up was going to be better spent resigning some of their other players??

It does make me feel a lot better about the Vikes moving him. :smilevike:
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Pretty sure this is a feather in Spielman's cap considering Seattle's meager compensation.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:Pretty sure this is a feather in Spielman's cap considering Seattle's meager compensation.
It looks that way.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

:shock:
@SportsTaxMan: During Seahawks reg-season career Percy Harvin had 23 catches, made $18.3M (@spotrac) -- that's $795,652 per reception.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Spiderbeavis
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Spiderbeavis »

Funny Twitter quote:
@TheVikingAge, "This paves the way for Minnesota to unload Patterson on Seattle at the end of the year."
Image "I ain't got time to bleed! Unless it's purple...in which case I can work it in."
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@DarrenPage -- Remember, Brad Childress cleared him. Kiss of death imo.
@1500ESPNJudd -- Percy Harvin couldn't stand playing with Christian Ponder. So he will have zero problem playing with Geno Smith, right?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Mothman wrote: It looks that way.
@DarrenPage -- The Seahawks traded a 1st, 7th, and future 3rd for Harvin. He played 384 snaps for them.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Noooo! Harvin is an amazing non-injury prone player who should never have been traded in the first place and the locker room stuff is just the media making things up as usual! Right? Where are those people? :confused:

Player demanding to be traded because of the worthless QB you drafted and the coaches and you trade him = Feather in cap? Psssffhhhhhh. No wonder so many people seem fine with Spielman.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

Demi wrote:Noooo! Harvin is an amazing non-injury prone player who should never have been traded in the first place and the locker room stuff is just the media making things up as usual! Right? Where are those people? :confused:

Player demanding to be traded because of the worthless QB you drafted and the coaches and you trade him = Feather in cap? Psssffhhhhhh. No wonder so many people seem fine with Spielman.
You cant play both sides in one point dude lol
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Upon hearing the news of the trade, Percy developed a headache and is expected to miss the next 8 weeks. :mrgreen:
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Boon wrote: You cant play both sides in one point dude lol
:lol: That is pretty funny.

Demi, once in a while, please try to actually restrain your urge to bait and taunt others.... it might be a good idea.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Raptorman wrote:Upon hearing the news of the trade, Percy developed a headache and is expected to miss the next 8 weeks. :mrgreen:
:point: That's a home run.