Harvin traded to Jets

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Re: harvin

Post by Jordysghost »

The Breeze wrote:The dude needs to smoke more pot for starters. His aggression will not stand....man.
A wiser sentiment, there has never been.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
jackal
Strong Safety

Re: Harvin traded to Jets

Post by jackal »

The guy is a world class athlete and world class jerk... waste a talent... very sad
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I look at Harvin after MN and and Patterson last year and wonder if AD really opens things up for gadget plays that much.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I would say he opens up it a lot .. but not direct snap run plays ... a reverse and slant and deep routes
should draw one on one coverage at best Peterson had 9 men in the box often with Ponder and killed
defenses... I'm hoping they have some rotation in the OL if they plan to run the ball heavy and run the
clock. Wallace, Johnson, Wright and Rudolf can all beat one on one packages with a decent start...

If Patterson has learned a decent route tree that gives us the best wide out group since Carter&Moss IMO
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Um.

Percy Harvin takes practice snaps at cornerback
During Friday’s opening practice of Bills camp, reporters in attendance shared that Harvin took some snaps at cornerback during team drills.

After practice, coach Rex Ryan said, via Chris Brown of the team’s website, that Harvin had come to him with the request to moonlight on the defensive side of the ball “here and there” during camp. Ryan said that the team will let that happen from “time to time” to see what Harvin can do as a defensive back.

Turning Harvin into a version of Troy Brown would be an unexpected development, although being able to help a team in all three phases of the game isn’t a bad way to remain an integral member of the club.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ornerback/
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

That was unexpected.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Not too surprising ... I think Harvin gets bored easily .... He just ran his mouth about his Seattle teammates...