Jarad Allen ...

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Jarad Allen ...

Post by jackal »

Man I watched some of the Niners game and Jarad Allen looked horribly slow ...

Ten yards behind the play and walking up to the action seconds after the play was over...

One announcer on NFL network says Allen looked like he aged ten years this off season
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Re: Jared Allen ...

Post by Just Me »

I didn't get a chance to catch that game, but from what others have described about his two games thus far, it sounds like the Vikings made the right decision letting him walk. OTOH, he typically had hot and cold streaks with us, too, so it will be interesting to see how the whole season plays out...
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
juventus1
Practice Squad

Re: Jarad Allen ...

Post by juventus1 »

Didn't he pass on an offer from the Seahawks? I remember that he was holding out for more money that he never got, but that still seems insane, why wouldn't you want to go to a superbowl favorite?

Maybe he was scared of the competition and being the starter.
If he got a contract from them w/ guaranteed money, he wouldn't get cut if he didn't perform like Winfiield got cut, right?
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Should have traded him after his almost record year. Could have had another piece or two right now...
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Should have traded him after his almost record year. Could have had another piece or two right now...

Probably right .. hindsight is always better..

Right now I am wishing we cashed on Peterson to Jerry Jones a heck of a lot more ...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
juventus1
Practice Squad

Post by juventus1 »

jackal wrote:Should have traded him after his almost record year. Could have had another piece or two right now...

Right now I am wishing we cashed on Peterson to Jerry Jones a heck of a lot more ...
This whole AD thing really came out of nowhere. That said, I really don't think trading AP was really an option given the 'tickets he sold'; he was going to be the centerpiece of this new offence as well. Besides, I'm not sure Spielman would want to trade AP given that he was not going to get equal value in return (but then again, maybe JJ is that enamored/(dumb?) not that slick rick would settle for less of course.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Wasn't hindsight for some. ;)
TheSpackler
Backup

Post by TheSpackler »

Allen's been playing ok for us.
Hasn't gotten home yet, but he's made his presence known on a couple big plays. Had a nice forced fumble on Kaepernick the other night. I don't expect he'll get 15 sacks, but the Bears needed a competent pass rusher after Peppers simply gave up early last year. The other guys feed off his energy.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Already mentioned it in another thread, but he had the nice FF on kapernick which is more than anything our line did against the pats who were supposed to be bad on the O-Line. Our line looked good against the rams, but the rams are terrible and barely beat Tampa. Is anyone watching the game tonight? I'm thinking Tampa is the worst team in the league and the rams aren't much better.

I think people need to hold off on talking about how washed up Jared is when I'm not real confident in anyone on our line doing all that much yet. Griffen should have a better year than Allen as he's much younger, but let's wait for him to do it.
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

It's Jared... Not Jarad... Show some respect- sheesh
Please just watch(04:39-05:18):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxXCuSyj18M&t=4m39s
This is a dog.
Compare that to this guy (00:46-01:01):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar3ioQywcAc&t=0m45s
"It's ok to hit the bag"
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

84BreaksAnkles wrote:It's Jared... Not Jarad... Show some respect- sheesh
Stay classy... It was a typo, not a big deal...
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
juventus1
Practice Squad

Post by juventus1 »

TheSpackler wrote:Allen's been playing ok for us.
Hasn't gotten home yet, but he's made his presence known on a couple big plays. Had a nice forced fumble on Kaepernick the other night. I don't expect he'll get 15 sacks, but the Bears needed a competent pass rusher after Peppers simply gave up early last year. The other guys feed off his energy.
That's good to hear. How has he been in the run game? One of the later complaints with him is that he is driven too far downfield while single-mindedly trying to get the sack.

I hope he does well the rest of the year. Not against the Vikes of course.

Edit: I should clarify, Jared for the most part has been pretty good at sniffing out the run. It's just later in his career it seems that he was always going for the home run; hopefully just a product of the coaching scheme at the time.