The Officiating Is Making the Games Really Candy-Assed

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

The Officiating Is Making the Games Really Candy-Assed

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Easy for my marshmallow soft body to say in front of a computer screen, but did you see that Raves/Steelers game last night?

There was so much ticky tack b.s. Every single personal foul should not have been called. There were 13 penalties for over 100 yards
and as said, every personal foul and unsportsmanlike conduct call was total crap.

Now, the Steelers were probably gonna lose regardless, but still. It is hard to take the games seriously when there are so many b.s. late
hits and Touching The Wide Receiver and Roughing the Star Quarterback penalties.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: The Officiating Is Making the Games Really Candy-Assed

Post by Funkytown »

I don't think ALL of those calls were total crap, but there were definitely some questionable ones. You better get used to it! :P
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Not only do we have blown calls despite instant replay on ALL scoring plays and turnovers, but we now have a control center and they still blow it. But worst of all, these games are getting tough to watch because of all the ticky-tack calls that are being made. Rhodes knocked down a pass today and was flagged for PI because "he wasn't playing the ball". WTF? How can you knock the ball down and be accused of not playing the ball? It's ridiculous. Between all the domestic abuse, suspensions, rule changes, and hyper officiating, I'm starting to wonder if the league is actively trying to turn people away.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Kaepernick flagged for inappropriate language. :lol: