Ray Rice Suspended Indefinitely, Cut By The Ravens

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Ray Rice Suspended Indefinitely, Cut By The Ravens

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Well, the new video dropped that showed Ray Rice punching his wife square in the face and knocking her out.

So he's DONE.

:rock:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Ray Rice Suspended Indefinitely, Cut By The Ravens

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I have a feeling that this will lead to some major changes to the NFL... possibly even to our favorite Commissioner... There are quite a few people calling for his head. It will be an interesting few weeks in the NFL front offices...
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I have a feeling that this will lead to some major changes to the NFL... possibly even to our favorite Commissioner... There are quite a few people calling for his head. It will be an interesting few weeks in the NFL front offices...
Yeah, I clicked over to ESPN 2 for a bit for Harbaugh's interview and the comments afterwards. The guys were all disgusted and confused. They are basically saying it was a poor, flawed investigation or a cover up. Either way, it doesn't make sense that the NFL, with all its power, wasn't able to obtain this video earlier...and more importantly, to address this in a more appropriate manner.

As CC said, he's most concerned about the now wife. I couldn't care less about Ray Rice being embarrassed or ashamed. That's good! He deserves it. I just feel badly for her. The Internet can be an ugly thing. And, of course, she is forever going to be faced with questions about why she stayed and such...especially if something like that ever happens again. I also don't feel badly for the Ravens or the NFL for being called out on this. That FIRST video was enough to do more than they did. Now TMZ releases the rest and it is suddenly justification to do more? It makes little sense. There are more questions than answers at this point. But, I agree, big changes!
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Wow. I can't believe they actually showed the video on MNF. That's shocking.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Showing that on the first MNF=Somebody doesn't like Goodell. Real Greaseball !@#$

Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

What a scum bag. And some people acting like he might have been justified in some way.

Also goes to show just how messed up our justice system is. Guy should be in prison.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Demi wrote:What a scum bag. And some people acting like he might have been justified in some way.

Also goes to show just how messed up our justice system is. Guy should be in prison.
Amen.

And his poor wife is hardly even getting mentioned. At least in the sports arena. Its all about Ray and being suspended. I hope she has a handgun and a permit for it, cause I think hes just getting started.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Funkytown wrote:That FIRST video was enough to do more than they did. Now TMZ releases the rest and it is suddenly justification to do more? It makes little sense.
This is what I was thinking the whole time. I mean WTF did they think happened when they saw him dragging her unconscious body out of an elevator? They know he knocked her out from the beginning, so how does seeing it with your own eyes suddenly make it worse? I think this is a case of them knowing they f'ed up with the original punishment and this was their opportunity to make up for it. Now send him to jail and let someone knock him around for a bit.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Reignman wrote:This is what I was thinking the whole time. I mean WTF did they think happened when they saw him dragging her unconscious body out of an elevator? They know he knocked her out from the beginning, so how does seeing it with your own eyes suddenly make it worse? I think this is a case of them knowing they f'ed up with the original punishment and this was their opportunity to make up for it. Now send him to jail and let someone knock him around for a bit.
I bet he's playing next season. Vick hung dogs for a living and he was let right back in. And what Ray did was much worse (being a human and not a dog).
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

not supporting Ray Rice at all... to be clear..

But I don't believe in the court of public idiots either..

Our society is full of arm chair experts; going off half of the information required; in
a sometimes biased and emotionally corrupted, line of reasoning.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

They have seen this video since FEBRUARY.
The one and only thing they're mad about is the punch got leaked.
Also, everybody knows elevators have tapes in them.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Hopefully Goodell get his ### fired. Along with the judge.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

CBS is saying Goodell saw the punch in February and tried to cover it up.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Hunter Morrow wrote:CBS is saying Goodell saw the punch in February and tried to cover it up.
Why though? What was the point? I don't get it. I don't get any of this!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Hunter Morrow wrote:CBS is saying Goodell saw the punch in February and tried to cover it up.
Where did they get that information?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018