Chris Cook gets an interception

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Chris Cook gets an interception

Post by 720pete »

Only took 4 years.

Chris Cook Picks off Ravens 2nd string QB Tyrod Taylor, celebrates like crazy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/san-franc ... 07292.html
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Chris Cook gets an interception

Post by Purple bruise »

720pete wrote:Only took 4 years.

Chris Cook Picks off Ravens 2nd string QB Tyrod Taylor, celebrates like crazy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/san-franc ... 07292.html
Four years heck, it had been since he was playing Pop Warner :lol:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Four years heck, it had been since he was playing Pop Warner :lol:
laughs i saw that live at work and i was like if you were wearing purple that would hit the ground,
for sure.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

That's because San Fran is one of those teams innovative enough to let their DB's use their hands in pass defense. And it looks like the Vikings have finally gotten on board with that program this year.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Did the ball get stuck in his face mask or something?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Cliff wrote:Did the ball get stuck in his face mask or something?
It still counts.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Alas, it's the preseason so he still doesn't have an official interception as an NFL player. Maybe he'll get one this year...
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Mothman wrote:Alas, it's the preseason so he still doesn't have an official interception as an NFL player. Maybe he'll get one this year...
http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-4 ... terception
BALTIMORE -- It doesn’t count. But in so many ways, it does.

Chris Cook is entering his fifth season as an NFL cornerback, and it finally happened on Thursday night. Cook registered his first NFL interception. OK, it’s the preseason, but he’s never been credited for a pick in the NFL, even in the preseason.
Five YEARS on the Vikings, and preseason, regular season, postseason, NOT ONE official interception (Cook said he had “one or two” interceptions nullified by penalties.) And now, one PRESEASON game into his FIRST non-Viking game, and he has an interception?

Damn you Frazier, DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!

He played in 34 regular season games here, started 29. (Can't find preseason/post on nfl.com) and never one. And now, literally the first time he stepped on the field against another team in the NFL after leaving the Vikings and he has one? Coincidence? Hardly...)
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Demi wrote: Five YEARS on the Vikings, and preseason, regular season, postseason, NOT ONE official interception (Cook said he had “one or two” interceptions nullified by penalties.) And now, one PRESEASON game into his FIRST non-Viking game, and he has an interception?

Damn you Frazier, DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!

He played in 34 regular season games here, started 29. (Can't find preseason/post on nfl.com) and never one. And now, literally the first time he stepped on the field against another team in the NFL after leaving the Vikings and he has one? Coincidence? Hardly...)
:point:
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Demi wrote:And now, literally the first time he stepped on the field against another team in the NFL after leaving the Vikings and he has one? Coincidence? Hardly...)
Have you seen the replay? That was a stupidly easy INT. Ol' Tyrod Taylor (23 passing attempts in three years) stared down his receiver and then threw high and several yards behind him. Which is where Chris Cook happened to be.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Eli wrote: Have you seen the replay? That was a stupidly easy INT. Ol' Tyrod Taylor (23 passing attempts in three years) stared down his receiver and then threw high and several yards behind him. Which is where Chris Cook happened to be.
Have you seen all of the other stupidly easy plays that Cook has failed to make over the years? :P Don't try to downplay this. It's big time. lol
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Funkytown wrote: Have you seen all of the other stupidly easy plays that Cook has failed to make over the years?
That's a very good point. :oops:
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Funkytown wrote: Have you seen all of the other stupidly easy plays that Cook has failed to make over the years? :P Don't try to downplay this. It's big time. lol
Not to mention CB Larry Brown was named MVP of Super Bowl XXX because Neil O'Donnell threw him 2 stupidly easy INT's lol.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

For some reason, I always thought of this scene whenever Cook was on the field:

I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

LOL! I've always loved that goofy little montage. I can see why you'd associate it with Cook.