Giants have waived safety Will Hill -- GRAB HIM

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Eli
Hall of Famer

Giants have waived safety Will Hill -- GRAB HIM

Post by Eli »

Third substance violation in two years, he'll serve a six game suspension this coming season.

Grab him. That's how the NFL works. One team can't deal with a player's antics, another team is guaranteed to pick him up if he has any value at all.

And because, of course, we all know that Mike Zimmer would turn him into a model citizen and a Pro Bowl player.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Giants have waived safety Will Hill -- GRAB HIM

Post by Funkytown »

Eli wrote:And because, of course, we all know that Mike Zimmer would turn him into a model citizen and a Pro Bowl player.
:point:
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

Funkytown wrote: :point:
Zimmer hasn't proved anything as a NFL head coach yet but somehow fans believe that he will automatically turn these guys into stars.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

I wonder if the Vikings have put in a claim for him. He'll be eligible to come back Oct. 15th. He can't be with the team during the regular season up until then, but he can attend training camp and play in preseason games.
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

Is he really worth it though? Will he stay out of trouble as a Viking? Lord Zimmer always preaches about having model guys on the football team. Model guys that the fans would be proud of. Does Will Hill fit this mold? Plus he can't stay off the drugs so what good is he to us if he's going to keep getting suspended?
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

King James wrote:Is he really worth it though? Will he stay out of trouble as a Viking? Lord Zimmer always preaches about having model guys on the football team. Model guys that the fans would be proud of. Does Will Hill fit this mold? Plus he can't stay off the drugs so what good is he to us if he's going to keep getting suspended?
Why the disdain for Zimmer? Lord Zimmer, really :roll:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Hill went unclaimed on waivers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... n-waivers/

The guy is a risk, but how much of one? If he ####s up again, it will probably be a year's suspension and he's gone, probably for good. But the man is a talented football player, and the potential rewards are big. The guy is a weed smoker. He didn't beat his girlfriend or kill any dogs. He's a _dumb_ weed smoker, to be sure. All he needs to do is get that message that if he violates again, it's the end of millions of dollars in future paychecks. You would think ANYONE could learn that.
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

Purple bruise wrote: Why the disdain for Zimmer? Lord Zimmer, really :roll:
Lighten up. Lord Zimmer was a joke towards how most fans praise him. Not a disdain for Zimmer himself. Gosh...lol Have a little sense of humor.

Back On Will Hill. I don't know. The talent is there no lie and while weed is not as bad as most offenses, it's still illegal in the NFL and most parts of the country. Therefore we would have to trust that this guy will stay clean as a football player which I know the average weed head probably won't do
Last edited by King James on Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

ESPN - Giants CB Jayron Hosley suspended 4 games for violating league's substance abuse policy

:lol: Those Giants!
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Eli wrote: All he needs to do is get that message that if he violates again, it's the end of millions of dollars in future paychecks. You would think ANYONE could learn that.
This is how I know smoking pot kills brain cells. Athletes confirm that, for me, all of the time!

Let's see here, play football and make millions of dollars or smoke pot; smoke pot or make millions of dollars? Yeah, not that hard to figure out! What is wrong with these people?! Regardless of their personal opinions, rules are rules. Are they that hard to follow, especially when hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars are on the line? Come. On. Foolish.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

My feelings are that many of these guys really are that dumb. Not dumb in the sense of "Why did I do that? That was so dumb," but possessing genuine, below average, low double-digit IQs. One of his homeboys probably told him that he could smoke all the weed he wants and they'll never detect it in a piss test if he just drinks lots of cranberry juice, or eats artichokes or some damned thing.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Eli wrote:My feelings are that many of these guys really are that dumb. Not dumb in the sense of "Why did I do that? That was so dumb," but possessing genuine, below average, low double-digit IQs. One of his homeboys probably told him that he could smoke all the weed he wants and they'll never detect it in a piss test if he just drinks lots of cranberry juice, or eats artichokes or some damned thing.
:lol:
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

Many athletes are stupid, plain and simple. Common sense type stupid. I don't think it has anything to do with weed "killing brain cells", it's just how this generation is brought up now. Most music, videos, and etc these kids see promote weed smoking and other miscellaneous activities. A lot of these athletes also who have friends who smoke and they if they don't smoke they'll feel like they changed up on their friends. Peer pressure is alive and well, even in adults. They try to look so cool in front of their friends. What most athletes fail to realize is that they can't do all the activities their friends do because they have more to lose. They are representing national organizations and as a member their certain things you can't do. A lot of players don't realize that. They let the money get to their heads and you can't really tell them nothing because their egos get big. And that is what leads to getting in trouble and failing drug tests.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

King James wrote:I don't think it has anything to do with weed "killing brain cells"...
That's just my joke, even though it is actually quite serious.
Many athletes are stupid, plain and simple. Common sense type stupid.
Exactly why they should avoid killing their brain cells. :D Oh...plus all that money, if ya know, they need more motivation.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Funkytown wrote: That's just my joke, even though it is actually quite serious.
Exactly why they should avoid killing their brain cells. :D Oh...plus all that money, if ya know, they need more motivation.
If someone can't leave marijuana alone for millions of dollars then yes, they're dumb.

However, it doesn't kill brain cells. Just FYI;
July 1, 2003 -- Long-term and even daily marijuana use doesn't appear to cause permanent brain damage, adding to evidence that it can be a safe and effective treatment for a wide range of diseases, say researchers.
http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/news ... mage-brain

That's just one of the first articles (from a pretty respected site) that I found ... a quick Google search will yield a lot more information if you're interested :)