Roger Goodell

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Roger Goodell

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Here are my thoughts on Roger Goodell... and my concerns about what he is doing to the NFL.

He is a greedy man who is all about making money rather than improving the quality of the sport he is overseeing. He ignores the concerns of those who work under him (players don't want Thursday Night Football, no one wants the draft in May, etc), just so make some money right now. I realize the name of the game is making money but I am worried that he is making "fast money" and ruining the future of the league. I still can't believe he is contemplating a team in London. I think a Super Bowl in London would be cool, but not a full time team. Who would want to play on a team based in London?
He is taking the fun out of the game by eliminating celebrations after a score (the celebrations after a normal play I hate, so I am ok with that)
The NFL is going to crash very hard in a few years if he isn't careful. Mark Cuban said basically the same thing. I am sick of him singlehandedly killing football. Hopefully he won't be commissioner for much longer.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Eli
Hall of Famer

Re: Roger Goodell

Post by Eli »

He works for the NFL owners and is paid a huge salary for what he is doing. Any qualities or objectives that you want to ascribe to him, you can directly ascribe to the collective ownership. He's just a figurehead. Greed? Look to the owners.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Eli wrote:He works for the NFL owners and is paid a huge salary for what he is doing. Any qualities or objectives that you want to ascribe to him, you can directly ascribe to the collective ownership. He's just a figurehead. Greed? Look to the owners.
Eli is right.
KSViking
Veteran

Post by KSViking »

I don't mind the idea of the expanding the playoffs by 2 teams. It just makes being the TOP dog that much more important if your team really wants that bye. It doesn't extend the amount of weeks it takes to get to the Superbowl, and gives 2 additional teams an opportunity to play in the post season. Thursday Night games, just like Monday night games, it gives fans an opportunity to see more games, and get people interested in other teams than just the home team. I do think Goodell and the league have gotten a bit nitpicky and fine happy when it comes to hits.