Which Position Presents the Biggest Leap for Draft Prospects

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Which Position Presents the Biggest Leap for Draft Prospects

Post by dead_poet »

Iiiiiiinnnnteresting: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2027 ... -prospects

safeties and linebackers are the surest bets. Players with standout physical tools at those positions step in and play well about 43 percent of the time—almost as often as not.

Cornerbacks, defensive linemen and tight ends make up the next tier, stepping in and playing well around 37 percent of the time. Offensive linemen and wide receivers are close behind, at about a one-third hit rate.

Finally, the bad news: A little over a quarter of first- and second-round running backs and quarterbacks step in as rookies and excel.

Teams entering the 2014 NFL draft without a quarterback should still take one—but they should know they'll likely play all of 2014 without a good one, anyway.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
KSViking
Veteran

Re: Which Position Presents the Biggest Leap for Draft Prosp

Post by KSViking »

dead_poet wrote:Iiiiiiinnnnteresting: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2027 ... -prospects

Articles like this.. :wallbang: They have already removed all the "busts" from the data. (guys who didn't at least play 3 years) If you are trying to paint a picture about how well people do at positions coming straight out of the draft, you would think that the amount of busts at those positions would be a pretty important stat to keep in the equation. I know that its not your article or data. But as a Math/Stats guy, sometimes when I see these things, it gets me :steamed: