D'Brickashaw Ferguson Has Started Every Game Since 2006

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

frosted
Career Elite Player

D'Brickashaw Ferguson Has Started Every Game Since 2006

Post by frosted »

Surprised me.

:ganja:

That's it.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Re: D'Brickashaw Ferguson Has Started Every Game Since 2006

Post by Eli »

For a number four pick? That's not surprising, unless you had questions about his durability coming out of college. What's more surprising is that I read he's been to three Pro Bowls. From what I recall, he was pretty average, even something of a disappointment, in his first couple of seasons with New York.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Eli wrote:For a number four pick? That's not surprising, unless you had questions about his durability coming out of college. What's more surprising is that I read he's been to three Pro Bowls. From what I recall, he was pretty average, even something of a disappointment, in his first couple of seasons with New York.
It is impressive regardless of where he was drafted. I guess I can't say for sure, but other than a few quarterbacks, how many position players have started EVERY game since 2006? Hard to stay healthy in the NFL. Maybe I am wrong. There might be a few, but I would bet he's the longest active streak for non QBs. OL is probably the next most abundant position for this category but still.

Raining on my parade and ####..

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Yeah, he's tied at #2 for active players with 128 straight starts. London Fletcher, who just retired, had 221.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_m ... ue_players

Good call. That's a lot of games.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Eli wrote:For a number four pick? That's not surprising, unless you had questions about his durability coming out of college. What's more surprising is that I read he's been to three Pro Bowls. From what I recall, he was pretty average, even something of a disappointment, in his first couple of seasons with New York.

Nah man, D'Brickashaw is well above average. He is a stud. He has been one of my favorites in the NFL for quite sometime. That 2006 draft for the Jets was awesome. Both Ferguson and Mangold. Not to mention the Jets also drafted Leon Washington that year as well.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Still rolling. A model of consistency. He's playing well too.