Goodell salary

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Goodell salary

Post by dead_poet »

That's a decent bonus.

Roger Goodell
The SportsBusiness Journal reports NFL commissioner Roger Goodell earned $44.2 million in a 12-month period ending Mar. 31, 2013.

According to reporter Daniel Kaplan, the league's tax return will indicate Goodell was paid a $3.5 million salary and $40.36 million "bonus." Goodell's absurd bonus is more than the vast majority of NFL players earn in a lifetime, and easily makes him the highest-paid commissioner in North American sports. It's not a good look for a league that literally identifies itself as "not-for-profit" for tax purposes. We'd expect the commish's gargantuan salary to be dialed back for the next fiscal year.
Source: SportsBusiness Journal
http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Dail ... odell.aspx
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Goodell salary

Post by PurpleMustReign »

He must be collecting the player fines he doles out.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Ha. I think they have his salary and "bonus" switched around.

Well, they should be switched around, anyway. That is just plain odd. Jealous!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:He must be collecting the player fines he doles out.
LOL! I can just picture him in his office, watching a game: "That was a helmet-to helmet hit! That was too! That guy's wearing the wrong shoes! We can fine him for that right? Right?"
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote: LOL! I can just picture him in his office, watching a game: "That was a helmet-to helmet hit! That was too! That guy's wearing the wrong shoes! We can fine him for that right? Right?"

He scratched his butt!! OMG, that guy just sat down!!! Holy Cow, he just breathed!!
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

Funkytown wrote:Ha. I think they have his salary and "bonus" switched around.

Well, they should be switched around, anyway. That is just plain odd. Jealous!
When you're at that level (if you think of him as CEO of a $9B company), compensation is largely performance based, so the base salary is a smaller percentage of compensation and bonus.

I'm not surprised to see him getting a huge bonus for last year. The league is making tons of money and he closed their single largest financial exposure with the concussion settlement.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

CEO of a *nonprofit* 9B dollar company.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

IrishViking wrote:CEO of a *nonprofit* 9B dollar company.
Actually only a small portion of that $9B is not taxed. The teams pay taxes on what they make, the player pay taxes on what they make and the coaches pay taxes on what they make.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966