Some football game tonight

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Some football game tonight

Post by CalVike »

[quote="PurpleMustReign"][quote="CalVike"]The Super Bowl was played outdoors in a cold weather climate and the world didn't end. Chicago, Seattle, Kansas City, Denver, Cincinnati, Cleveland, New England, Baltimore, Washington, Philadelphia here we come! Thankfully, Green Bay is too small.[/quote]

The NFL would LOVE a Super Bowl in Green Bay. [/quote]

Not going to happen. Would require using Milwaukee and Chicago for hotel rooms. Big ticket players who attend Super Bowls would balk at the inconvenience. All the NFL teams who play there even stay 30 miles down the road in Appleton. Green Bay is not a Super Bowl caliber city. It's a fine midwestern city, but far too small to dream of the Super Bowl. And that does not even mention the airport.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

PurpleMustReign wrote:The NFL would LOVE a Super Bowl in Green Bay.
Sure they would but it'll never happen. Green Bay doesn't have the accommodations in place to support it

Are you ready for an entire offseason of debate on Manning's legacy? Can you blame tonights loss on him?
PotGoblin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by PotGoblin »

Manning's legacy?

record 5 regular season mvp's
record 12 playoff LOSES

he will no doubt be considered one of the greatest regular season qb's of all time.
Purple Pride till the end.
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

HornedMessiah wrote: Sure they would but it'll never happen. Green Bay doesn't have the accommodations in place to support it

Are you ready for an entire offseason of debate on Manning's legacy? Can you blame tonights loss on him?
Very true. Huge talking point. But, I will never understand the "killing legacy" aspect when it comes to current or future events.
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CalVike »

[quote="HornedMessiah"]Are you ready for an entire offseason of debate on Manning's legacy? Can you blame tonights loss on him?[/quote]

The game's defining moments were the confusion and resulting safety on the first play from scrimmage, the INTs by Manning, and Harvin's kickoff return to suck the life out of any possible comeback on the opening kickoff in the second half. It's not looking good for the Manning legacy talk's not dominating the off-season. One can cast blame however one likes, but the far better team won 43-8 is they way I'd look at it. Seattle looked like a far superior team with Percy Harvin in the lineup than without him. It will interesting to see if he can stay healthy next season and make them tough to beat.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

As far as Super Bowls go, this had to be one of the most boring. From that first botched snap and safety, Denver looked completely lost out there. Plenty of people will say that Seattle dominated this game, and they did, but Denver didn't really put up much of a fight.

I never pay too much attention to the commercials, but seemed like it was a pretty weak selection this year. I only had a good laugh at one of them: the one with the little dog that had the huge head.
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

HornedMessiah wrote:As far as Super Bowls go, this had to be one of the most boring. From that first botched snap and safety, Denver looked completely lost out there. Plenty of people will say that Seattle dominated this game, and they did, but Denver didn't really put up much of a fight.

I never pay too much attention to the commercials, but seemed like it was a pretty weak selection this year. I only had a good laugh at one of them: the one with the little dog that had the huge head.
Agreed. I thought that 1st snap would energize Manning. Complete opposite. I'd give the MVP to Bruno Mars.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Did I just read the Broncos have the most Super Bowl losses now? :)
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CalVike »

[quote="Funkytown"]Did I just read the Broncos have the most Super Bowl losses now? :)[/quote]

Yes, but unfortunately 2-5 still beats 0-4 in a row (Bills) and 0-4 (Vikings but not since 1976 season, now one of the longer Super Bowl appearance droughts in the league -- Lions, Browns, and whoever I'm forgetting)
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Funkytown wrote:Did I just read the Broncos have the most Super Bowl losses now? :)
Yes! The Vikings aren't the worst at something!

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Hey Cal, don't ruin this for me. Trying to find a positive. lol.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Good one NFL, you got us. Now seriously, when does the real Super Bowl start?
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Reignman wrote:Good one NFL, you got us. Now seriously, when does the real Super Bowl start?
:lol:

Yeah. Can we start over?!?! Please...?
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

yezzir wrote:I'd give the MVP to Bruno Mars.
Most Vertical Pompadour?
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

HornedMessiah wrote: Most Vertical Pompadour?
The hairstyle was great. But let's be honest, he was the most entertaining solo entertainer on that field today.
Last edited by yezzir on Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.