Darren Sharper arrested in L.A.

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Darren Sharper arrested in L.A.

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Saw it on ESPN.
Former Pro Bowl safety Darren Sharper has been arrested in Los Angeles on a felony charge, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.

Sharper, 38, was arrested and booked Friday afternoon before being released on a $200,000 bond.

It was not clear what Sharper has been charged with.

A five-time Pro Bowler, Sharper has worked as an analyst for the NFL Network since retiring in 2010.

The NFL Network announced in a statement that Sharper has been suspended without pay, effective immediately.

Sharper played 14 seasons with the Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings and New Orleans Saints, recording 63 career interceptions.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Darren Sharper arrested in L.A.

Post by Mothman »

More info:

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_24 ... os-angeles
Former NFL star defensive back Darren Sharper has been arrested on suspicion of rape, the Los Angeles Police Department said.
Sharper, who played 14 seasons in the NFL with Green Bay, Minnesota and New Orleans, was arrested and booked Friday and released on $200,000 bail just before midnight. He faces a Feb. 14 court appearance.

LAPD said it is investigating Sharper in connection with two sexual assaults that occurred in October and earlier this month in the West Los Angeles area.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

He does seem like the rapin type. Oh wait, I mean narcissistic, he seems like the narcissistic type. I already know how it went down. She said "no", and he said, "come on baby, I'm Darren Sharper. Look at my suit". Then in his mind he was like, "she'll thank me afterward, I'm Darren Sharper". Yeah that's totally how it went down. Later when Rapelisberger was reached for comment he said, "No way! That's totally what happened to me too brah. And she like didn't thank me or nothin either. Then I was all like, do you know who I am? #### be crazy".
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Reignman wrote:He does seem like the rapin type. Oh wait, I mean narcissistic, he seems like the narcissistic type. I already know how it went down. She said "no", and he said, "come on baby, I'm Darren Sharper. Look at my suit". Then in his mind he was like, "she'll thank me afterward, I'm Darren Sharper". Yeah that's totally how it went down. Later when Rapelisberger was reached for comment he said, "No way! That's totally what happened to me too brah. And she like didn't thank me or nothin either. Then I was all like, do you know who I am? #### be crazy".
:lol:

...you're sick. :D
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Funkytown wrote: :lol:

...you're sick. :D
The truth is sick sometimes. Oh did I say sometimes? Because I meant all the time. "Damn nature, you scary". Anyone watch Family Guy? No? That's too bad.

So sometime and overtime are 1 word, but part time and all time have to be 2 words? Or is all-time with a hyphen? Seriously who decides these things? When does this compound word committee hold it's meetings? Oh they don't? Ahhh ok, I think I see the problem.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

I was wondering why he hasn't been on the Gangster Joke NFL channel lately. He should have studied English a little more in school. Terrible analyst repeating the same old catch phrases over and over. Sad these guys make such big money and can't talk or think. That's what happens when you take basket weaving, home economics and archery all thru college
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Maybe someday he and Ben Roethlisberger can share a cell.
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

He'll get off like all the other athletes who were accused of rape.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

I think I know what's going on here ... it seems like athletes are either being accused of rape or they have 7 kids with 7 different women these days. Women are preying on these poor innocent athletes. The real victims. These predatory women are really after that baby momma money, but then when they don't get knocked up they go after the consolation prize, hush money or a settlement. Which usually follows a rape accusation.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Jesus, Darren.

Darren Sharper - DB - Free Agent

Ex-NFL S Darren Sharper has been charged with drugging and raping two women in Los Angeles.

These are felony charges. Sharper, 38, is accused of raping two women whom he had invited back to his hotel room. He reportedly gave them liquid shots containing Ambien and morphine, causing them to pass out. One woman woke up while Sharper was assaulting her, while the other woke up naked hours later. It's been requested that bail be set at $10 million because Sharper is being investigated for rapes in L.A., New Orleans, Nevada and Arizona.
Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/201 ... th_dr.html
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

dead_poet wrote:Jesus, Darren.

Darren Sharper - DB - Free Agent

Ex-NFL S Darren Sharper has been charged with drugging and raping two women in Los Angeles.

These are felony charges. Sharper, 38, is accused of raping two women whom he had invited back to his hotel room. He reportedly gave them liquid shots containing Ambien and morphine, causing them to pass out. One woman woke up while Sharper was assaulting her, while the other woke up naked hours later. It's been requested that bail be set at $10 million because Sharper is being investigated for rapes in L.A., New Orleans, Nevada and Arizona.
Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/201 ... th_dr.html
My god. WTF Darren. He seemed like the last person you would expect to do this. This is very bizarre.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

...disgusting. :cry:
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

What. The. ####.
@Schrotenboer LAPD detective suspects Darren Sharper raped & drugged 7 women in 4 states http://usat.ly/1ezEWUt
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/20 ... s/5486639/
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

I think he'll learn a little somethin' somethin' about rape in prison.

Has he been working for NFL Network lately (not lately lately, but lately)? Or where have I seen him?

Has he made any statements about this?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Funkytown wrote:I think he'll learn a little somethin' somethin' about rape in prison.

Has he been working for NFL Network lately (not lately lately, but lately)? Or where have I seen him?

Has he made any statements about this?
He was suspended indefinitely from NFLN. No statements. He's ####.