Divisional Round Weekend

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Divisional Round Weekend

Post by Texas Vike »

Funkytown wrote: I just realized I want Harvin to smoke the Saints, too. :D

Sometimes life gives you two bad options... :lol:
Right, and then you realize B is WAAAAY worse than A. In fact, A suddenly isn't that bad.

The Saints are still dirty as can be.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Interesting game.

And why didn't Colston just run out of bounds and allow his team one shot at the end zone, especially with guys like him and Graham who can win a jump ball? What an idiot. Love it. :lol:
Last edited by Funkytown on Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

fiestavike wrote: very pretensions and soulless in my experience. I really don't like it.
Pretentious / smug was my first impression too, but the more time I spend there the more I like it. New Orleans really is a special place though.
PotGoblin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by PotGoblin »

fiestavike wrote: That was pretty stupid.
That ranks up there with Darius Reynaud taking a knee for a safety on the opening kickoff of the first game of the season in the Steelers vs Titans game.
Purple Pride till the end.
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

Always love to see the cheating Taints lose, I don't care if Williams and his two high low thugs are gone, guilt by association! The Seahawks are an example of a hard nosed team who don't play dirty to win.

I can't believe someone here actually calls what the Taints did as playing harder. Yeah hitting Farve after a hand off, ignoring Peterson, thats great stuff. :puke:
This space available for rent.
joe h
Veteran

Post by joe h »

PurpleHalo wrote:Always love to see the cheating Taints lose, I don't care if Williams and his two high low thugs are gone, guilt by association! The Seahawks are an example of a hard nosed team who don't play dirty to win.

I can't believe someone here actually calls what the Taints did as playing harder. Yeah hitting Farve after a hand off, ignoring Peterson, thats great stuff. :puke:
If the Vikings were wearing green and yellow that game, there would have been a Super Bowl banner hanging in the metrodome. Disgusting how some teams have their hands held all the way to the big game.

Patriots are winning the Super bowl, despite having a weaker team than previous years. Boston strong, and all the super powers that come from that.
PotGoblin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by PotGoblin »

If you said that so far the patriots scored 43 points so far and Brady has thrown 0 touch downs I would have called you a liar.

Man this has been a ground clinic tonight.
Purple Pride till the end.
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

If Denver wins today, this may be the most boring NFL playoffs I can ever remember
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

saint33 wrote:If Denver wins today, this may be the most boring NFL playoffs I can ever remember
Why do you say that? I think next week and the Super Bowl will be awesome. I hope so!
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

Funkytown wrote: Why do you say that? I think next week and the Super Bowl will be awesome. I hope so!

If the Vikings aren't in it, I like to see underdogs and uncertainty in the Playoffs. A SF vs Sea and NE vs Den final 4 is so boring to me, I could care less if any of these teams win the Superbowl
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

saint33 wrote:
If the Vikings aren't in it, I like to see underdogs and uncertainty in the Playoffs. A SF vs Sea and NE vs Den final 4 is so boring to me, I could care less if any of these teams win the Superbowl
Understandable. But I like the Brady vs. Manning games. We don't have many left. Also, the bitter division rivalry between San Fran and Seattle is pretty fun to me.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

fiestavike wrote:the saints played to win in 09, we didn't. Plus New Orleans is 1000 times better than seattle *(edit) as a city.
Actually that was one of the few times where it looked like the Vikings were trying to win. It's the stupid mistakes that cost them a chance at a regulation win and the refs that cost them in OT. It's amazing what we faced in that game (a high powered Saints team, hostile environment, mistakes, and refs) and we still almost won.

But to say we weren't playing to win? I think you're thinking of the '98 game when we definitely went into it playing safe. In the '09 game we outgained the Taints 475 yards to 257, had a 37 minutes to 28 advantage in TOP, and held Brees to under 200 yards passing. We lost the turnover battle 5 to 1 and had that stupid 12 man thing. We should have won before the refs could screw us in OT.

Peterson fumbling twice in that game is the only reason I don't feel too sorry for him for not winning a championship. He pretty much shot himself in the foot there.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

PotGoblin wrote: That ranks up there with Darius Reynaud taking a knee for a safety on the opening kickoff of the first game of the season in the Steelers vs Titans game.
I agree with you guys. That's gotta rank right up there with the all time bonehead plays. When he caught it I was thinking, "oh crap, the Taints are gonna do it again". It wouldn't have even been a hail mary from there, but then he cut back into the field and I was like, "WTF LOLOLOL dumb ####" ... and then he THREW the ball forward like that and I nearly suffocated laughing my #### off. The forward pass was where that play officially became one of the stupidest things I've ever seen in a football game. That's OMG DeSean Jackson type failure right there.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

And someone explain to me how a terrible if not crooked official like Pete Morelli got awarded a playoff game (Colts - Patriots)? I thought the best officiating crews were awarded playoff games and the Super Bowl? You can't tell me that POS was better than half the other officiating crews in the league.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Sexy pick by Butler. Holy macaroni!