KC vs. IND

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

KC vs. IND

Post by PurpleMustReign »

What a mammoth breakdown on all levels for Kansas City. Up38-10, and let Indy back into the game, and in all likelihood now, IND will win. WOW.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Re: KC vs. IND

Post by Kansas Viking »

If the Colts win it could go down as one of the biggest comebacks in playoff history behind the Houston/Buffalo game.
Mike

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Kansas Viking wrote:If the Colts win it could go down as one of the biggest comebacks in playoff history behind the Houston/Buffalo game.

Nice to see you again Mike!!

I agree, and what a collapse for KC!
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

We may have found a team more cursed than the Vikings.

Nice to see Mayock on primetime though. Also, Knile Davis and Donald Brown are making a strong case as to why a guy like Gerhart is expendable.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

S197 wrote:We may have found a team more cursed than the Vikings.

Nice to see Mayock on primetime though. Also, Knile Davis and Donald Brown are making a strong case as to why a guy like Gerhart is expendable.
I like Mayock as well. Good game so far. Wondering why Spieman didn't go after Smith.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

PurpleKoolaid wrote: I like Mayock as well. Good game so far. Wondering why Spieman didn't go after Smith.

Because he had Ponder, silly.

This is the kind of game that gets coaches fired... and although Reid has been in the league for a long time, his teams have never played well down the stretch. I'm sure he won't get fired, but you never know.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Now KC knows what MN fans feels like. Well they kind of already did, but 28 points, that's almost inexcusable.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Insanity.

I don't even really want to watch the next game because it probably won't compare. 8)
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

How did the Chiefs blow that lead with Geoff Schwartz in there playing guard. Who would have thunk it. :confused:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Purple bruise wrote:How did the Chiefs blow that lead with Geoff Schwartz in there playing guard. Who would have thunk it. :confused:
Did you watch the game? They were down to their 3rd running back. I'm sure having their best player(Charles) for more than a bit probably would have helped. They also lost about half their starters in the secondary during the game. Andrew luck did do a great job carving up the backups for the chiefs though.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

The Kansas City Vikings. There was a post around here recently that was about which other team most reminds you of the Vikings. It's definitely the Browns or Chiefs. The Browns because of how they lose championship games, and the Chiefs because they just have no luck either. Watching that game you almost knew they weren't going to hang onto that big lead, and as the lead shrank, you kinda knew the loss was inevitable. Just like the many Viking meltdowns, you felt it coming.

Ironically I got the same feeling in the next game lol. When the Eagles took the 1 point lead with about 2 min to go, I got that same old feeling. Scored too soon. However unlike the Colts, I hate the Saints so it was more disappointing.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Valhalla wrote:The Chiefs Colts game had so much action... how about that TD by Luck, "the Luckiest TD", maybe it already has a name.... truth is stranger than fiction as they say.

A game to remember for a long time like when Jim Kelly and Buffalo came back big-time against Warren Moon and Houston, I believe i have that correct.
That was a game to remember and that crazy TD Luck scored was a TD to remember!

I was working yesterday afternoon and decided to record the game, just in case it turned out to be a good one. I managed to avoid learning the outcome and started watching it at 7:00, just as the Saints/Eagles game started. I'm glad I decided to record the first game and I'm even happier that I kept watching it when it looked like it would be a blowout win for the Chiefs. It was one of those games that made me weep for the state of defense in the NFL but it was sure exciting.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Poor Alex Smith. Man, it killed me to see Kansas City blow that lead. Alex Smith played his heart out and his defense failed him. Of course, hardly anyone in the media wants to give Alex Smith any credit following the game either. It still don't understand how after all of these years Andy Reid STILL cannot manage the game clock.

Nevertheless, it was a great game and an instant classic. My buddy, who I was watching the game with, called the outcome. He said that Indy was going to come back and win following the opening kick at half. Dang, was he ever right.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

The Chiefs weren't all that good in the 2nd half of the season. They were the 4th worst team in the AFC at 3-5. Jacksonville and Tampa Bay both went 4-4 during that same stretch. The Chiefs defense allowed 207 points over the final 8 games after only allowing 98 in the first 8. The playoff game was a microcosm of their entire season.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

Valhalla wrote:A game to remember for a long time like when Jim Kelly and Buffalo came back big-time against Warren Moon and Houston, I believe i have that correct.
Jim Kelly hurt his knee the previous week (against the same Oilers team). Frank Reich was Buffalo's QB for that game.