Browns fire Chudzinski

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Browns fire Chudzinski

Post by Mothman »

According to NFL Network, the Browns have fired their head coach.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... and-browns
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Browns fire Chudzinski

Post by Reignman »

That's too bad, he had the Browns playing well in the first half the season, before they started getting all the QB injuries. But then they lost their final 7 games after starting 4-5.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

This was shocking to me. I decided to go over to a browns forum and most of their fans are raging over this, and rightfully so.

I have never really expressed my feelings towards our own coaching staff because it appears it's going to happen whether I like it or not. But look no further than the Cleveland Browns if you want see what I fear this team may become if we continue to turnover the coaching staff within a few years of hiring them. Patience and continuity seem to be forgotten values in the majority of NFL teams
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

saint33 wrote:This was shocking to me. I decided to go over to a browns forum and most of their fans are raging over this, and rightfully so.

From what I'm hearing on TV, some of their players are very upset and angry about it too. Apparently, one of them referred to the organization as "dysunctional".
I have never really expressed my feelings towards our own coaching staff because it appears it's going to happen whether I like it or not. But look no further than the Cleveland Browns if you want see what I fear this team may become if we continue to turnover the coaching staff within a few years of hiring them. Patience and continuity seem to be forgotten values in the majority of NFL teams
Well said and I share that same fear. I find myself really questioning whether going with stability and continuity might be the better course of action for the Vikings.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote:

From what I'm hearing on TV, some of their players are very upset and angry about it too. Apparently, one of them referred to the organization as "dysunctional".
Well said and I share that same fear. I find myself really questioning whether going with stability and continuity might be the better course of action for the Vikings.
I have the same concern, but with Frasier and company, he never showed any improvement or ability to adjust mid game. I think they need to get an established coach (if Coughlin is fired, I will go get him myself). The need some stability here and the only real way to get that is hire someone established.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

And for the record, it is absolutely asinine that the Browns are doing this. I don't know what they expected, but Cleveland did great for the first half of the season considering certain things. And they still have a ton of draft picks from Atlanta and Indianapolis to work with.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Head coaches rarely only coach for one year. It must be awful being a Browns fan. Their ownership is a joke.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Poor Browns fans. One of the most cursed franchises in the NFL. What a bum #### owner, GM, and president Cleveland has.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Kinda surprised me .. the browns played great for a while
and had some tough injuries
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Some say that Norv may be out the door too.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly