The Colts had an unfair advantage over Peyton Manning

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: The Colts had an unfair advantage over Peyton Manning

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Lol. What will they think of next? :roll:
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

GBFavreFan wrote:We've had to endure the media making excuses for Peyton Manning's failures for far too long, and since Manning blew it against the Ravens at home in the playoffs last year and a safety on one pass has somehow inherited the failure of the entire season, this week I've seen on various ESPN shows about how Peyton really didn't stand a chance since the Colts have an unfair advantage with knowledge of the offense he runs and Peyton's style of play.

There are so many things wrong with this idea, I don't even know where to begin. First of all, haven't we been hearing how Peyton is putting together the greatest season a QB ever had and the Broncos are on pace to be the greatest ever, now suddenly they've become underdogs against the team that lost to the Dolphins and Chargers? Make up your mind media. The Colts got pressure on the Broncs and now its the fault of injured offensive lineman? Weren't those linesman missing for the past several weeks as well? isn't the Broncos roster actually stronger now with Champ Bailey and Von Miller back in the lineup?

And the other thing that is so ridiculous is to act like the QB-defense relationship is somehow a one-way street. Exactly what advantage does the Colts defense have over Peyton Manning, that the Packers defense didn't have over Brett Favre? Favre made the Packers defense look like high schoolers, because his execution and knowledge of that defense was better than their knowledge of him. What advantage did the 49ers defense not have over Montana, that these Colts had over Mr. Manning? Montana carved up his old team too. Mike Vick vs. the Falcons, Steve McNair over the Titans, heck even Donovan McNabb beat out his old Eagles.

The only disadvantage Peyton Manning and his 45/weekly points had against the Colts was the fact that Peyton cannot overcome teams that are inspired or elevate their play, which is why he always fails in the postseason. Until Peyton stops being a machine and learns to use emotion to fuel him, this same exact scenario will repeat itself this January, only it'll be a lot colder.
A bunch of crap I agree.

Lord, dont even make me think about Favre, his two losses to the Packers in 2010 still hurt to this day.
Slick Rick
Transition Player

Post by Slick Rick »

They lost because the Colts played tight man to man defense and were able to keep Denver's running game in check. With that said, the Broncs could've easily won that game, and I think in a rematch they probably would.