Jim Harbaugh: Like or Dislike?

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Jim Harbaugh: Like or Dislike?

Post by NextQuestion »

I freaking love this guy. He's a shouter on the sidelines but he's totally turned around a team that was horrible for about 10 years. I love how he backs up his players, i.e. sticking up for Joe Staley when he went to protect Kaepernick after the clothesline.

Good play calling too
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Jim Harbaugh: Like or Dislike?

Post by PurpleMustReign »

NextQuestion wrote:I freaking love this guy. He's a shouter on the sidelines but he's totally turned around a team that was horrible for about 10 years. I love how he backs up his players, i.e. sticking up for Joe Staley when he went to protect Kaepernick after the clothesline.

Good play calling too
I am still mad at him for the game here last year where he cheated his way to another time out.
Other than that, I like him (and his brother) because he clearly knows how to coach and get the most out of his plauers.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

The 400 timeout thing sucked but I generally think he's a good coach. I like to see passion
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

I really like both Harbaughs. They are old school guys. I liked Jim as a player and even more as a coach. Whether he wins or loses he gets just as worked up, plus he has that team playing really good.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

I wish Jim Harbaugh was our coach. He would not tolerate #### performances and he certainly would not keep his best players on the sideline while letting the scrubs play just because they have been in the system a bit longer.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Dislike. Big mouth. Walked into a great situation. His brother won the SB for a reason. Guy is clearly the younger brother...settle down you twit.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Definitely like. He's a passionate guy who loves his team and winning. What's not to like?
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

Demi wrote:Dislike. Big mouth. Walked into a great situation. His brother won the SB for a reason. Guy is clearly the younger brother...settle down you twit.

lmao great situation? Fans were begging for David Carr to replace Alex Smith and the offense had a bunch of no name guys. Crabtree hadn't blossomed, Davis was constantly covered in short routes, and the defensive system didn't work. He brought in his staff from Stanford and tore the place up and nailed his first draft pick with Aldon Smith and then got Kaepernick in round 2. He proceeded to get a career year 1/2 from Smith and take his team deep into the playoffs his first two years.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

I like him. Heck, I liked him as a player. As Melanie said, he's a passionate coach but he's also a smart, knowledgeable one. The guy knows football and he's done a good job for the 49ers.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

NextQuestion wrote:
lmao great situation? Fans were begging for David Carr to replace Alex Smith and the offense had a bunch of no name guys. Crabtree hadn't blossomed, Davis was constantly covered in short routes, and the defensive system didn't work. He brought in his staff from Stanford and tore the place up and nailed his first draft pick with Aldon Smith and then got Kaepernick in round 2. He proceeded to get a career year 1/2 from Smith and take his team deep into the playoffs his first two years.

The players were there though. That defense was still one of the best. And if I remember correctly, the Niners were a favorite to go far in one of Singletary's last years. The year Seattle won the division at 7-9, I believe. Singletary was the molder of men who helped that team mature. Harbaugh is a coach who knows how to put it all together.

I don't care for him since he's not a Vikings coach, but if he were, I'd love the hell out of him.
lyzarde
Veteran

Post by lyzarde »

I don't like either Harbaugh or their respective teams.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

I'm starting to get real sick of this guy. Seeing his face during every commercial break on sundays...now he's selling pepsi along w/ Jerry Jones. He's done a few other commercials as well. It's like he's making up for his mediocre playing days when nobody gave a crap about him. The 49ers haven't even won the Super Bowl yet, if they do his ego might reach critical mass. I can see it now...SNL hosting gig along with Kaepernick, guest judge on The X Factor, whatever kind of horrible thing you can imagine. It would be sickening.

I don't think it's a good thing when a non-player is the face of the franchise. It seems like if a coach or owner is the face of the organization, it doesn't have good results (see: Cowboys, Raiders, Jets).
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

Harbaugh is the face of the franchise? hahaha that's brilliant.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
GoldenBear91
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by GoldenBear91 »

Demi wrote:Dislike. Big mouth. Walked into a great situation. His brother won the SB for a reason. Guy is clearly the younger brother...settle down you twit.
pretty much my feelings as well
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

He'll be out of the league soon enough. You don't last long benching and trading your actual NFL QB for read option gimmick boy. Teams figured that trick out and they'll be lucky to go 5-11 this year.