The Glory of Ownership!

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

The Glory of Ownership!

Post by indianation65 »

Whether fans watch the NFL package or regular network television, the numbers of commercials is out of control. Has it been this way for several years, or is it worse this season, more to be expected in the sweet hereafter? My brother-in-law have gotten so tired of flipping channels hoping to see some action from other games only to find more and more commercials. I know it will never stop, but the NFL-money-making-machine is a monster. I wish I'd have invested! Oh to be an NFL team owner or partner!

...wisdom through "turn the freakin' channel!"
...spirits in the wind and the trees
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Re: The Glory of Ownership!

Post by Hunter Morrow »

No kidding! I'm watching car insurance and light beer commercials punctuated by football.
College football is exactly the same way. When the companies know how fanatical people are
about their football, they know they have a captive audience.

I don't know why there are so many car and car insurance commercials, though. At least
the beer commercials usually have scantily clad women partying or guys doing something funny.

Car Insurance: Buy Us Or Go To Jail. NFL games are like 2 hours of Mafioso protection racket shake
downs. AND ENOUGH WITH THE MAYHEM GUY. SAME FREAKING JOKE FOR 3 YEARS NOW.

"If you don't buy car insurance...SOMETHING WILD AND CRAZY WILL HAPPEN!!!!"

Will it?
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

I know what you mean. I was watching the Goofer game yesterday and there was a change of possession or timeout or something, then commercial break, then quick score, commercial break, kickoff, and then another commercial break. I swear it was 10 minutes of commercials in a 15 minute span. But yeah, the ones that annoy me most are score, commercial, touchback, commercial.

You can counter all of this if you have a DVR though xD. I recorded our preseason game vs the Texans and watched it later. Not only could I fast forward through the commercials I could re-watch whatever play I wanted. The drawback is you have to avoid civilization until you actually get around to watching the game xD.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

I am not sure if exists but there used to be something that just showed you game action. Not the clock fiddling, commercials, time outs, challenge time, just
bang bang bang action action action. The amount of action in an NFL game? 13 minutes.

The amount of commercials? Goddang, you'll see 40 minutes just off All State and Miller Lite. Here We Go! Into Commercial Break. AGAIN.
Bill Carson
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bill Carson »

The best part is actually being at the game. You get to watch the players stand around waiting for the sideline guy with the big orange gloves let them know that it's okay to start playing again (the commercials are finally over).
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

Bill Carson wrote:The best part is actually being at the game. You get to watch the players stand around waiting for the sideline guy with the big orange gloves let them know that it's okay to start playing again (the commercials are finally over).
At our college games, it's red hat guy. Usually the players aren't paying attention to him, whichever side is on the field next (O/D/ST) is usually huddled up with a coach during the break. The back judge usually is the one to whistle everyone back onto the field when red hat guy signals 30 seconds.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Geoff, did u go to last Saturday 's game against OSU?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018