The Butt Fumble

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

The Butt Fumble

Post by The Breeze »

Thank god for the Jets. If you ever think you got it bad remember the Jets.

So, the Butt Fumble is becoming a legend in it's own time. The Jim Marshal wrong way return of this era.

In all the references to it in the media I never hear what I believe has to be the truth about why it happened. Just interested in the opinions of the board as to how Snachito pulled that off.

Maybe it's been made public and I didn't hear about it....what do you think?
glg
Site Admin

Re: The Butt Fumble

Post by glg »

The Breeze wrote:Thank god for the Jets. If you ever think you got it bad remember the Jets.

So, the Butt Fumble is becoming a legend in it's own time. The Jim Marshal wrong way return of this era.

In all the references to it in the media I never hear what I believe has to be the truth about why it happened. Just interested in the opinions of the board as to how Snachito pulled that off.

Maybe it's been made public and I didn't hear about it....what do you think?
It's not an uncommon thing for a QB or RB to run into a OL's butt. What is uncommon is for the QB to fall like an uncoordinated buffoon and fumble the ball. I don't think it's anything that'll live on, it's more of a microcosm of Sanchez' season.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: The Butt Fumble

Post by The Breeze »

glg wrote: It's not an uncommon thing for a QB or RB to run into a OL's butt. What is uncommon is for the QB to fall like an uncoordinated buffoon and fumble the ball. I don't think it's anything that'll live on, it's more of a microcosm of Sanchez' season.
You are probably right about the lifespan side of it.

I honestly think he had his eyes closed in anticipation of going through the traffic and never saw what happened til he watched the replay. I think he was scairt.