Desmond Bishop

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Desmond Bishop

Post by The Breeze »

Supposedly everyone is offering him a one year deal and he is deciding. I think it's between us and the Giants as they are better situations IMO.

Vikes fans should assail his Twitter page and convince him.

https://twitter.com/Desbishop55
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

It's still unknown how fully he's healed, or when he'll actually be back to 100%. He wasn't able to participate in Packer OTAs before they released him. It would be a gamble and maybe even a distraction if Bishop is standing around waiting to be declared healthy enough to practice, and then to play, while Henderson and Co. are looking over their shoulders. The Vikings were remiss in not seriously addressing the LB position this offseason, and Bishop would be something of a desperation move, IMO.
PackFanInChiTown
Waterboy

Post by PackFanInChiTown »

Looks like he's heading your way:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... s-vikings/

It'll be interesting to see if he can transition from ILB to MLB (don't know if there's much difference between the two).
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

It'll be interesting to see if he can transition from ILB to MLB (don't know if there's much difference between the two).

The only difference I can see would be the defense set calling in a traditional 4-3 (my guess is Chad Greenway would
handle that anyways from his side..)
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
PackFanInChiTown
Waterboy

Post by PackFanInChiTown »

Hopefully he stays healthy. I was sorry to see him go from GB because I thought, when healthy, he was the best threat at ILB. Don't have much faith in Hawk/Jones.