Hernandez arrested + released from Pats

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Hernandez arrested + released from Pats

Post by dead_poet »

Last edited by dead_poet on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Hernandez to Be Questioned About a Murder

Post by HornedMessiah »

So he's been "uncooperative" with the police, eh? I'm not gonna jump on the guy and point the finger and say "GUILTY!" but not cooperating with a police investigation is obviously kinda damning.

So Gronk is rapidly breaking down with all the injuries and now Hernandez has the authorities interested in him. That Tebow signing is looking better every day, haha
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

HornedMessiah wrote:not cooperating with a police investigation is obviously kinda damning.
Not in this country, in this day and age. It's standard operating practice in many cases.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Eli wrote: Not in this country, in this day and age. It's standard operating practice in many cases.
There's very little reason to co-operate, the only thing you may be doing is digging your own hole. Get a lawyer and shut up if the police want to talk to you about anything
An interesting/entertaining speech by a law professor/former attorney with a police officer about why you shouldn't talk to them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Getting stranger.

Police spend “hours” inside Hernandez home, emerge with box

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -with-box/
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Aaron Hernandez - TE - Patriots

A law enforcement source tells WBZ-TV in Boston that Aaron Hernandez has not been ruled out as a suspect in the ongoing homicide investigation.

Take this with a grain of salt as there's just one source and an issue of semantics looms. It's possible Hernandez hasn't been ruled out simply because he hasn't yet told his story to the authorities. The report also states that the victim is Odin Lloyd, 27, of Dorcester. Lloyd was a linebacker for the semi-pro Boston Bandits. State police detectives knocked on Hernandez's door Wednesday morning, but no one answered. They made a brief phone call and then left. On Tuesday night, police spent hours inside Hernandez's home and emerged with a box.
Source: WBZ-TV
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

The family of homicide victim Odin Lloyd tells WBZ-TV that Lloyd dated the sister of Aaron Hernandez's girlfriend.

The pieces of the puzzle are starting to come together. Lloyd's body was found roughly a mile from Hernandez's home, in the vicinity of a rental car connected to the tight end. WBZ-TV is reporting that Hernandez is not cooperating with police and has not been ruled out as a suspect. He left his house in a white SUV Wednesday morning, presumably with his lawyers.
Source: WBZ-TV
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

Rae Carruth
PondertoJennings
Practice Squad

Post by PondertoJennings »

He is guilty as soon to be charged. Why in the hell do you rent a automobile to friends who then commit murder? I'd bet my last dollar that He paid off the two guy to kill the guy. What is wrong with people now a days?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

In its latest update to the Aaron Hernandez story, Sports Illustrated reiterates he is "not believed to be a murder suspect."

Hernandez's role in the alleged crime remains unclear after Massachusetts State Police searched his home for over two and a half hours Tuesday. Per reporter Greg A. Bedard, police are looking for a second vehicle under Hernandez's name in addition to the rental car considered a "key piece of evidence." We're nowhere near the end of this.
Source: Sports Illustrated
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

And some other guy is claiming that Hernandez shot him in February. I don't think I'll be having beers with Hernandez any time soon.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Now the media is saying that Hernandez was at a bar with the victim and two other guys before the murder and that Hernandez is possibly the driver of the car. Seems to me like Hernandez is ####. This is gonna be a huge unfolding story that will persist all season long and probably longer.

Suddenly the fearsome NE TE duo is crippled. Welker is gone. Who is Brady gonna throw to this year? Could be a frustrating year for the Pats
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@stevesilva: Hearing via law enforcement source that Aaron Hernandez will be arrested in connection w/ the N. Attleborough murder
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Might be a good idea to plunk some cash down on the Broncos to come out of the AFC.

It completely astounds me that anyone in a position such as Hernandez could allow themselves to get involved in something of this degree.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

OH boy.

ABC News reports that Aaron Hernandez destroyed his home security system and cell phone.

Police are back at Hernandez's home Thursday with a warrant based on evidence that he destroyed the home security system, which included video surveillance, intentionally. Hernandez also handed over his cell phone to investigators, and it was "in pieces." Additionally, authorities want to know why a house-cleaning team was hired to "scrub" the 23-year-old's mansion on Monday. One police official says Hernandez isn't a suspect, but he "has not been ruled out" and is "definitely not in the clear." The tight end sure isn't painting a pretty picture by destroying what could be deemed as evidence.
Source: ABC News