ocho cinco

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

OJVIKE
Career Elite Player

ocho cinco

Post by OJVIKE »

viking_guy
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: ocho cinco

Post by viking_guy »

he is an idiot..
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

everything is a joke to this guy. maybe being in jail, out of work and broke will wake him up.
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

I seen the video. It looks like she had it out for Ocho. I mean yeah maybe he shouldn't have patted his lawyer on the butt but then again she was more upset about the courtroom laughing than the fact he hit is lawyer on the butt. Unfortunately, there's nothing much you can do when the judge puts her personal feelings against you in court. Hopefully Chad Johnson can stay out of trouble after this.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

she was looking for any reason but chad should have just said no your honor and yes your honor and not give her a reason.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Three things ...

1. I think the judge was looking for a reason to put him in jail, based off the video.. (was she the sentencing Judge ??)

2. Chad Johnson put himself in this situation.. First getting arrested for domestic charges .. Then by not following
several of the courts conditions of probation.. counseling etc..

3. He looked up at the judge several times and wanted to say something to her as he exited in front of her
bench. For a guy who wants to get back into the league he does not seem to get he needs to be humble and
be responsible for his own actions...I think at this point Chad Johnson needs the league a lot more than teams
need him,..
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

He wasn't any good in his prime; all mouth
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

Laserman wrote:He wasn't any good in his prime; all mouth
:shock:

that might be stretch. the guy has 11,000 plus yards and nearly 70 td's in the league. six straight seasons with more than 1,150 yards. in an 11 year career he missed a total of 10 (4 in his rookie season) games including a 6 year stretch where he started every single game. not sure what more you look for in a receiver but saying he wasn't any good is a little nuts in my opinion.
i'm ready for a beer.
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

Laserman wrote:He wasn't any good in his prime; all mouth
Chad Johnson was a beast. He WAS that good. He is a 6 time pro bowler and 3 time leader in receiving yards. He has over 10,000 receiving and close to 70 TDs. Now the team he was on wasn't any good, but Chad Johnson was fun to watch. It's his antics which got him in trouble. Everything seemed to be a joke to him. If it wasn't for all his off-field antics, I think he'd be still playing now for a couple of more seasons.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I agree I think if he would humbled himself and focused on football in Miami
he would be playing today.. Both T.O. and him had the same problem they
thought the were bigger than the game, and it needed them. Turns out they
needed the game far more, than they thought.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

jackal wrote:I agree I think if he would humbled himself and focused on football in Miami
he would be playing today.. Both T.O. and him had the same problem they
thought the were bigger than the game, and it needed them. Turns out they
needed the game far more, than they thought.
No comparison between Turmoil Owens and Chad Johnson, one was a locker room killer, the other was a fun player who had fun and made it fun.
This space available for rent.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

PurpleHalo wrote: No comparison between Turmoil Owens and Chad Johnson, one was a locker room killer, the other was a fun player who had fun and made it fun.
Oh gimme a break.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... =nfl,70610
And now, Shaun Smith, currently a defensive tackle with the Browns, and former occupant of the same position with the Bengals, says that the punch did happen.

PFT had a YouTube video of the interview that's since been taken down. Fortunately, they did jot down some quotes before it magically disappeared. Here's what Smith said of Johnson:

“He swung on Marvin. . . . [Johnson] shattered the training room glass. . . . He swung on Marvin [and] hit Marvin in the eye. . . . Then he tried to swing on wide receivers coach Hue Jackson, who’s now in Baltimore.”
Wasn't enough to listen to the evil media at the time, damn internet, now we have a teammate who backed it up. So let's not pretend Johnson didn't have his own pretty significant issues that went beyond what was reported at the time.

Head cases are head cases. Thank god we got rid of Harvin.
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

PurpleHalo wrote:
No comparison between Turmoil Owens and Chad Johnson, one was a locker room killer, the other was a fun player who had fun and made it fun.
Turmoil Owens!!!! :lol:

That was hilarious. :appl: :clap:
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

JEC334 wrote: Chad Johnson was a beast. He WAS that good. He is a 6 time pro bowler and 3 time leader in receiving yards. He has over 10,000 receiving and close to 70 TDs. Now the team he was on wasn't any good, but Chad Johnson was fun to watch. It's his antics which got him in trouble. Everything seemed to be a joke to him. If it wasn't for all his off-field antics, I think he'd be still playing now for a couple of more seasons.
And what did the Bengals do in the playoffs during his stint? randy Moss had the same problem in that when it counted in big games he was shut down for the most part. great Players have performances in the biggest games
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

Laserman wrote: And what did the Bengals do in the playoffs during his stint? randy Moss had the same problem in that when it counted in big games he was shut down for the most part. great Players have performances in the biggest games
You can't blame that on one player. That's like saying Adrian Peterson isn't any good because he hasn't had many good playoff games either. The last two playoff games, Peterson was almost a none factor. NFC Championship game in 2009 he was fumbling the game away, the game earlier this year in January he was pretty much shut down.

Now we all know that these losses are not Adrian Peterson's fault entirely but just like Johnson, if they actually had some quality people around him the team will be successful. During the playoffs, guys like Peterson and Ocho Cinco will be the main guys the defense will try to limit, especially if all your offense is coming from that one player.

So again Chad Johnson was THAT good. His team may have not been successful in the playoffs but that's the team's fault, not just Ocho Cinco