NFL teams that you also enjoy

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

NFL teams that you also enjoy

Post by NextQuestion »

Growing up I liked multiple teams and some stuck with me through the years and same not. Some were basically for jersey purposes and some had great players.

SF 49ers - Probably, and maybe next to the Steelers, the team with the most mystique surrounding them. Handful of SB victories and legendary players. I love what they are doing now and unlike a lot of people I know...I think Harbaugh is a great coach. His animated personality is ok with me.

NY Giants - I actually started to really like this team during the 2011 year. I think Coughlin embodies what it takes to be a coach on an underdog team. Not an absolute favorite but I respect Eli. Not a fantasy king in the regular season but he's straight up nasty in the post season.

New England Patriots - Loved this team in the 90's with Bledsoe, Glenn, and Martin. Had Bledsoe's jersey at one point too! Totally thought they were going to beat Favre's favored Packers in that SB but boy was I wrong. People LOATHE Brady and Belichick but it's really hard not to respect their legacy. Brady, IMO, is probably the best QB to EVER play the game. Manning, Favre, Monatana don't even come close for me. Love all of those players but Brady takes the cake and no matter if Manning, Rodgers, and Brees put up crazy number in 2013... Brady will still probably end up top 3 in TD passes and yards.

Indianapolis Colts - Y'know who made me love the Colts? Reggie. Freaking. Wayne. One of my favorite WRs in the game today and I love their potential with Andrew Luck. Obviously, and I'm not a total fool, Manning basically started the mystique surrounding the Colts. I don't know if Manning will win another SB but there isn't another guy more deserving.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Re: NFL teams that you also enjoy

Post by Eli »

I grew up near Pittsburgh, a mile or two from where the Steelers hold their summer training camp. Didn't like them much as a kid, but now I watch them. Truly one of the great organizations in professional sports.

I live near Denver now and enjoy following the Broncos.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

I don't particularly enjoy or follow any one team other than the Vikes. I do enjoy rooting for young teams that get hot. Last years 49ers, the Cards superbowl run etc.

I like the NFC West teams this year and the Iggles. I'm curious to see what Chip Kelly brings to the NFL. The AFC teams don't really intrigue me thus far.....although a current doormat team could break a be fun to watch....Buffalo/Jacksonville/Cleveland.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I fell in love with the Bills in the late 80s and 90s. Therman Thomas is my favorite player all time (non Viking). I also like Andre Reed.
My sisters bf is from Pittsburgh so I have been paying attention to them more lately as well.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

None. If your not the Vikings I hate you.

Funny though the NFL is the only sport I feel this way about. NBA I like the Wolves but I do kind of have other favorites once they are eliminated from the playoffs. Which is usually mid to late January. :D
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

I enjoy watching the NFL period. I watch no matter who is playing.

With that said, I root for the Bills, Ravens, and Peyton Manning and his team. I suppose because of that, I have a little thing for the Colts. I think I'll continue rooting for them because Luck seems like a pretty darn good QB and a good guy. I can root for AFC teams because they are harmless.

Also, I have a t-shirt that says "My favorite team is the Minnesota Vikings...and whoever is playing Green Bay"--so I suppose that is true, too! I enjoy a new team each week! ;)
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Browns, Bills and Chiefs. Don't know why. Just do.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

49ers because I live in California now and have a lot of niner friends. but when the niners and Vikings meet in the playoffs I bleed purple. my Vikings are #1. :smilevike:
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Jeffbleedspurple wrote:Vikings fan first and a football fan second.
Good way to put it. I think I'm close to the opposite though. Not quite, but close. When I was a kid, it was cearly Vikings first and football second. Now that I'm older though, and having had played the game in college, I find myself enjoying and appreciating the overall game and the breakdown of numerous teams/players more than I used to. I a lot of times still have fan blinders on come Sunday when the Vikes play though.