Tim Tebow Released by Jets

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Angels Wings
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Tim Tebow Released by Jets

Post by Angels Wings »

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 30m

Source: The jets have released Tim Tebow #NYJ
Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 3m

Tebow met with both Rex Ryan and John Idzik this morning at Jets facility and was informed of his release.
Collapse

For those with wings, fly to your dreams
PotGoblin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Tim Tebow Released by Jets

Post by PotGoblin »

was going to post this. While not unexpected - that didn't take long in the least.
Purple Pride till the end.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Everyone expects him to go to Jacksonville and that's what will probably happen, but it would be great if Belichik grabbed him and used him as some kind of swiss-army knife weapon for the Pats offense. Just another way to stick it to the Jets
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Tim Tebow

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Well, we knew someone would post this, so it might as well be me!

Vikings offense would be a perfect fit for him.....short passes, bubble screens, handoff to AD.........sure he can't throw accurately beyond 5 yards, but neither can Ponder - and at least Tebow can run!!
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Tim Tebow

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Imagine Tebow, Felton, and AD in the backfield!!! That's smash mouth run it down your throat old fashioned football!!!
VikeMike
All Pro Elite Player

Post by VikeMike »

NO.

I don't care that Tebow is 15 pounds lighter and he's been working on his throwing mechanics. This is the last thing we need -- bringing in another unproven commodity at QB. It's a distraction that is not necessary.
"Meet at the quarterback"
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

VikingPaul73 wrote:Well, we knew someone would post this
That's the scary part. :wallbang:
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

... sigh...

Can we at least keep the inevitable Tebow talk in the NFLTalk section?
PurpleJarl
Starter

Post by PurpleJarl »

He's been working on his throwing mechanics since before his draft. :lol: I am sorry but hes been "in" the league now for what? 3 years? Ponders been in it for about 1 1/2. So if you are going to make the argument that he is at least as good as ponder if not an upgrade, you need to give ponder at least another year. Apart from that, just no. The media circus around this guy has barely abated since he appeared. I want the vikings in the headlines for APs record setting season. Not if Ponder and Tebow are prayer buddies and watching them try to out modest each other on ESPN.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

HornedMessiah wrote:Everyone expects him to go to Jacksonville and that's what will probably happen, but it would be great if Belichik grabbed him and used him as some kind of swiss-army knife weapon for the Pats offense. Just another way to stick it to the Jets
belichick should use tebow as an H-back or fullback imo. I just don't see how tebow can win games at the nfl level, especially in the playoffs and be considered stupid, uncoachable by some. :confused:
rex ryan is a moron. tease fans with tebow and than throwing him out like garbage.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Considered stupid? I don't think anyone has called his intelligence into question. The reason he's not a starter somewhere is because he's not really a QB. He's a fullback who can throw the ball occasionally if asked to. He would be pretty stupid however to drop out of the NFL because he refuses to change positions.

I really do think he can fit in with some team and find a successful role in the NFL, but it's a very tough match. The Patriots are the obvious team to mention and are probably the best fit for several reasons. Maybe the best reason is that there are bigger personalities in the organization than Tebow and he could slide into the background. Would that happen with any other team?
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Tebow starts or joins a big church's leadership in 3, 2, 1 ....
joe h
Veteran

Post by joe h »

It is like the guy has a million agents running around. I would rather ride out the Ponder train wreck for 10 more years, than watch the Tebow circus for 10 minutes. Plus we have Cassel, and 2 other awful QBs wasting roster space.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

HornedMessiah wrote:Considered stupid? I don't think anyone has called his intelligence into question. The reason he's not a starter somewhere is because he's not really a QB. He's a fullback who can throw the ball occasionally if asked to. He would be pretty stupid however to drop out of the NFL because he refuses to change positions.

I really do think he can fit in with some team and find a successful role in the NFL, but it's a very tough match. The Patriots are the obvious team to mention and are probably the best fit for several reasons. Maybe the best reason is that there are bigger personalities in the organization than Tebow and he could slide into the background. Would that happen with any other team?
nobody wants the circus. he should sit behind someone like drew brees or Philip rivers and learn imo, but that wont happen. no doubt he has something a lot of backup qbs don't. he won multiple games at the nfl level plus a playoff game against the steelers. :confused:
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

I am glad this team isn't stupid enough to sign this clown.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.