Revis Traded to Bucs

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Revis Traded to Bucs

Post by Cliff »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... a-bay-bucs
In return for the three-time All-Pro, the Jets receive the No. 13 overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft and a conditional 2014 fourth-rounder that bumps to a third-rounder if Revis is on the Bucs' roster on the third day of the 2014 league year. The Jets now are the first NFL team since the 2000 Jets, Baltimore Ravens and Washington Redskins with two draft picks in the first 13 selections.
Makes me feel ever better about the Harvin trade. Sure, it was the 25th overall and not 13th ... but it's still a 1st round selection.

Revis: 1st 13th overall, Conditional 3rd in 2014
Harvin: 1st 25th overall, 7th this draft, 3rd in 2014

Revis is probably the best CB in the league according to most. Harvin is definitely good ... but is he worth roughly the same as Revis? It seems like the Vikings did a great job in that trade.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Revis Traded to Bucs

Post by Funkytown »

I agree. The Harvin trade went way better than expected.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

I think the most interesting thing about this is that no other team was interested in acquiring Revis from the Jets. Even with the knee injury recovery, a guy who is arguably the top CB in the game should attract more interest than that. Methinks that Rex Ryan might have created some kind of monster with Revis, by inflating his ego.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

16 million a year .. that's some serious money for a seriously injured guy last season.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

jackal wrote:16 million a year .. that's some serious money for a seriously injured guy last season.
No guaranteed. Makes sense for both sides.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

dead_poet wrote: No guaranteed. Makes sense for both sides.
Yeah, but if he returns from the injury and is maybe 75-80% of what he used to be, how long will you wait at $16M hoping he gets back to 100% before pulling the plug. Tampa is protected if he can't ever come back, but what about if he does but not to the point of being "Revis Island" again?
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

glg wrote: Yeah, but if he returns from the injury and is maybe 75-80% of what he used to be, how long will you wait at $16M hoping he gets back to 100% before pulling the plug. Tampa is protected if he can't ever come back, but what about if he does but not to the point of being "Revis Island" again?
From the article I read they would probably only give him 2 seasons. They wouldn't give up on him too quickly after trading a 1st round draft pick ... but they won't keep paying him if he isn't on par by the end of year two. At least that is the speculation.
MamaGoThatManAP
Practice Squad

Post by MamaGoThatManAP »

This is such a great trade for the Bucs. They're going to have a killer d.
http://www.rubmaps.com -- The Best Professional Massages in Minneapolis
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

MamaGoThatManAP wrote:This is such a great trade for the Bucs. They're going to have a killer d.
Seems like they're taking the Ravens' approach to building a super bowl winning team: great D and run game with a non-elite QB
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

HornedMessiah wrote: Seems like they're taking the Ravens' approach to building a super bowl winning team: great D and run game with a non-elite QB
Or their own approach from last time
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

glg wrote: Or their own approach from last time
Hah! Yes that's right! I just thought of the Ravens first because they've done it twice now.

...or I just don't give much importance to TB's super bowl win :)
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

bucs are stupid. revis is going too feel like he outplayed his contract and hold out every year. :lol: