Rogers' contract...

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Skoltastic_Voyage
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Rogers' contract...

Post by Skoltastic_Voyage »

According to NFL.com Rogers is to get 21+ million a year at least...
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... t-in-talks

As a Vikes fan I watch way more AR then I want to. Not saying he isn't a good QB, he is really accurate, runs (really well) when needed. Basically the guy can win games it's true. Do you believe any player is worth that much though? Compared to Romo hell yeah but I mean no sane person would of gave Romo that kind of money, Flacco was riding a SB win which is still too much to pay him. Rogers is better than those two IMO however they are overpaid like nuts. A season ago I watched Matt Flynn fell records with the OL the packers have, soooooo... yeah. IMO these contracts are predicated on bad (idiotic) prior contracts. 15 - 20 mil I could see, above that though, sheesh.
My guide to being a Vikings fan:
Step 1.) Drink beer.
Step 2.) See step 1.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Re: Rogers' contract...

Post by Eli »

Compared with the salaries of many other players in the league who aren't nearly as valuable to their teams, yes. Probably worth a lot more, actually, but once you get into numbers like that, especially playing in a market like Green Bay, it's unlikely we'll see anything truly crazy.