Dallas signs Romo to insane extension

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Dallas signs Romo to insane extension

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Adam Schefter: And here are the numbers: Dallas is giving QB Tony Romo a six-year extension worth $108 million, per sources.

That's good, that means we won't have to worry about Dallas winning for the next six years!!! :rock:
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Eli
Hall of Famer

Re: Dallas signs Romo to insane extension

Post by Eli »

Wait until you see Aaron Rodgers' extension...
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Eli wrote:Wait until you see Aaron Rodgers' extension...
yeah but Rodgers has won something.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
MamaGoThatManAP
Practice Squad

Post by MamaGoThatManAP »

He'd get paid that much or around that much anyway from someone else.
http://www.rubmaps.com -- The Best Professional Massages in Minneapolis
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

"Insane" is right. I believe that Romo is a solid quarterback, and the Cowboys could be far worse off than having him as QB. With that being said, I think these numbers are a tad bit steep. Just goes to show what teams are willing to do to keep "their guy." I just can't figure out if I think Cowboys fans are happy about this or upset? Either way, what's done is done. I hope they continue their losing ways. :) Makes me a little bit happy. lol.
viking_guy
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by viking_guy »

A fool and his money are soon parted...Romo isn't that good of a QB.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Hey, if Joe Flacco can get $20M/year, then $17M for Romo sounds about right. How much do you think those contracts make Rodgers worth? $25M? $30M?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Eli wrote:Hey, if Joe Flacco can get $20M/year, then $17M for Romo sounds about right. How much do you think those contracts make Rodgers worth? $25M? $30M?
We'll find out soon enough.

Of course, Flacco supporters could argue that he's worth more. It all depends on how you choose to measure value/success at the position and how much context comes into play during negotiations. Flacco's stats aren't as impressive as Rodgers' but he's won as many Super Bowls as the GB quarterback and unlike Rodgers, Flacco has been on the winning end of at least one playoff game in every season of his career. Green Bay has "only" been to the playoffs in 4 of Rodgers' 5 seasons as a starter and has "only" won a postseason game in 2 of those seasons. :twisted:
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

No way that Romo or Flacco are worth that much IMO..

Brady or Brees maybe
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

:lol:

Cowboys Award 6-Year, $108 Million Extension To Super Bowl–Watching Quarterback Tony Romo
IRVING, TX—In an effort to prevent the multiple championship–viewing player from reaching free agency, the Dallas Cowboys announced this week that the team had signed Super Bowl–watching quarterback Tony Romo to a six-year, $108 million contract extension. “Tony has already watched seven Super Bowls for us,” said Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, who acknowledged that the most lucrative contract in team history will put extra pressure on Romo to continue watching championships. “He was born to watch the Super Bowl, he’s proven himself capable of it, and we are confident that the next few years will see Tony Romo watch many, many more Super Bowls as a Dallas Cowboy.” Jones added that a major focus for the team this season will be on keeping Tony Romo healthy so that he can watch the entire 2014 playoffs.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/cowboy ... ne:default
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

dead_poet wrote::lol:

Cowboys Award 6-Year, $108 Million Extension To Super Bowl–Watching Quarterback Tony Romo
http://www.theonion.com/articles/cowboy ... ne:default
LOL. This is ridiculous! :wink:
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

romo can put up 30 points. its the cowboys defensive that is a joke. :nono:
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

^ I tend to agree with that for the most part.

I low key wanted Romo to find his way to Minnesota for the past 4 years or so.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

the point is this isn't the Yankees in MLB there ia a salary cap in NFL 120 million ?? or close to it

if you give one player a huge portion of it the rest of your team will suffer eventually
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
RandallioCobb18
Starter

Post by RandallioCobb18 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Adam Schefter: And here are the numbers: Dallas is giving QB Tony Romo a six-year extension worth $108 million, per sources.

That's good, that means we won't have to worry about Dallas winning for the next six years!!! :rock:
The Cowboys are pushing all of there money out to a later date as it is with all there players getting there contracts restructured, man, they better hope Romo stops his reign of chokage because this is the final stage before they are in full on cut and gut rebuilding mode, and with their cap managment they are going to be under the knife for a loooooong time.