Ray Edwards is done?

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

GoldenBear91
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Ray Edwards is done?

Post by GoldenBear91 »

I've been disconnected from the world for various reasons, but I started listening to podcasts of KFAN and the Common Man to hear that Ray Edwards is pursuing a boxing career? :confused:

Did Ray get cut or choose this path on his own? And no one else wants him in the NFL? It is all hilarious to me, never cared for RAy but this seems odd to me. He is only 28...

Thoughts?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Ray Edwards is done?

Post by dead_poet »

According to FOX's Jay Glazer, the Falcons dumped DE Ray Edwards because he refused to join a team gathering following the Week 10 loss to the Saints. Coach Mike Smith called the players together only to see Edwards ignore his request three separate times, refusing to join in with teammates. Owner Arthur Blank and GM Thomas Dimitroff were in the room at the time, which certainly helped grease the skids for his removal despite forking over $1 million in termination pay.

He recorded just nine tackles and zero sacks in nine games.

He's had workouts with the Seahawks and 49ers since. And a sham of a "boxing match" against tiny, flabby CPA: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ntom-punch
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

Sounds like a real dumb #### guy to me. He had a future with the vikes and threw it all away
``
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

dead_poet wrote:According to FOX's Jay Glazer, the Falcons dumped DE Ray Edwards because he refused to join a team gathering following the Week 10 loss to the Saints. Coach Mike Smith called the players together only to see Edwards ignore his request three separate times, refusing to join in with teammates. Owner Arthur Blank and GM Thomas Dimitroff were in the room at the time, which certainly helped grease the skids for his removal despite forking over $1 million in termination pay.

He's had workouts with the Seahawks and 49ers since. And a sham of a "boxing match" against tiny, flabby CPA: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ntom-punch
:rofl: that vid was some funny stuff
canadaviking08
Franchise Player

Post by canadaviking08 »

he was always quite the hot head even in his days at Purdue. Can't blow off the coach,GM and Owner when you only have nine tackles all season. What an idiot!
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

dead_poet wrote:According to FOX's Jay Glazer, the Falcons dumped DE Ray Edwards because he refused to join a team gathering following the Week 10 loss to the Saints. Coach Mike Smith called the players together only to see Edwards ignore his request three separate times, refusing to join in with teammates. Owner Arthur Blank and GM Thomas Dimitroff were in the room at the time, which certainly helped grease the skids for his removal despite forking over $1 million in termination pay.

I can't imagine why he hates tough losses to the Saints. :shock: