Frank Gore fined for low socks

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Frank Gore fined for low socks

Post by PurpleMustReign »

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/st ... ource-says

Frank Gore's efforts in the San Francisco 49ers' NFC Championship Game victory over the Atlanta Falcons didn't go unnoticed by the NFL, which decided he wore his socks last Sunday a little too low to its liking. The running back was fined $10,500 on Wednesday for wearing his socks too low in the game, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
GOD Goodell is trash.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Eli
Hall of Famer

Re: Frank Gore fined for low socks

Post by Eli »

That's a good fine. Everyone else in the NFL wears their stockings to their knees. He should too.

NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

He looks like a college amateur with low socks. High socks forever.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I wouldn't have a problem with this fine if Brady hadn't been fined less money for his sliding karate kick.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Cliff wrote:I wouldn't have a problem with this fine if Brady hadn't been fined less money for his sliding karate kick.
Come on, everybody knows that:

Socks > sliding karate kick :)

There was only a $500 difference between the two fines.

I don't have a problem with the fine for Gore. I actually like how tightly the NFL controls what players can wear and how they wear it. It keeps the uniforms looking... uniform (imagine that said in an Austin Powers voice, please). I think that's a good thing!
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Cliff wrote:I wouldn't have a problem with this fine if Brady hadn't been fined less money for his sliding karate kick.
I heard Gore has had more than one uniform violation though.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

$10,000+ for SOCKS and you people are ok with it? Who even noticed besides Goodell?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:$10,000+ for SOCKS and you people are ok with it? Who even noticed besides Goodell?
Believe it or not, I actually noticed it. :)

NFL players like Gore make so much freakin' money that a $10,000 fine means very little to them. Even a WR like Earl Bennett of the Bears, who is hardly a top-paid superstar, thought nothing of wearing orange shoes in multiple games despite fines of $5000.

The league has been fining players for uniform violations like this for a long, long time.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

PurpleMustReign wrote:$10,000+ for SOCKS and you people are ok with it? Who even noticed besides Goodell?
What do you mean "Ok with it"? They have uniform rules, and fines for breaking them. It has nothing to do with Goodell. If you break the law do you blame the cop for enforcing it? If you work somewhere with a dress code, and you're disciplined for breaking that dress code, is it your bosses fault?
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Mothman wrote: It keeps the uniforms looking... uniform (imagine that said in an Austin Powers voice, please). I think that's a good thing!
I don't think imagining anything said in an Austin Powers voice is a 'good thing!' :wink:

YEAH Baby!
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!