Patriots

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Patriots

Post by jackal »

I know I am very one sided on this issue but every year the patriots can't get it done is evidence of how the taping
of calls helped them IMO. I really was disappointed how Uncle Rodger and the other owners let those three championships
stand. I know Tom Brady and the other patriots hate getting called on this, but everyone knows they cheated and that will
never go away for a lot of fans. i would imagine at some point some ex patriot will write a tell all book and expose the level
to everyone and how much it really went on and other sorted details ..

until then i can just enjoy watching them get bounced without a ring year after year.. :thumbsup:
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Patriots

Post by CalVike »

I think you are overrating the issue. They did great before, they've done only not quite as great after. They are not exactly losing out before the big stage. It does not bother me at all.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

CalVike wrote:I think you are overrating the issue. They did great before, they've done only not quite as great after. They are not exactly losing out before the big stage. It does not bother me at all.
I agree. Every team does it, the Patriots just got caught.

Remember, they had their near undefeated season after Spygate.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

PurpleMustReign wrote: I agree. Every team does it, the Patriots just got caught.

Remember, they had their near undefeated season after Spygate.
Same justification doesn't seem to work so well when it's in defense of other rules that get broken. "Many players take enhancing drugs, this one just got caught!"