Super Bowl Thread

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Super Bowl Thread

Post by Mothman »

I feel for John Harbaugh. A coach works his whole career to achieve that moment of triumph and elation that must come from winning a Super Bowl but for him, it had to be bittersweet because the triumphant win came at the expense of his own brother.

Peter King had this in his column today:
The HarBowl. John Harbaugh was so drained when I found him 70 minutes after the game. Forget what he said all week about not having any sympathy for his brother if Baltimore won. "I am totally devastated for my brother,'' John Harbaugh said. "It's strange -- I don't really feel emotion right now. No tears. I never thought you could feel 100 percent elation and 100 percent devastation at the same time. But I learned tonight you can."
Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/ne ... z2Jx2hUyQQ
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

What's the big deal? I loved punching my brother while we were growing up.

...wisdom
...spirits in the wind and the trees
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

indianation65 wrote:What's the big deal? I loved punching my brother while we were growing up.
LOL! Somehow I don't think it's quite the same thing. :)
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

49ers got robbed ! Doesnt matter if the refs were swallowing the whistle all game or the 49ers defense was playing bad until the power outage. crabtree got mugged in the endzone on 4th down.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

NextQuestion wrote:Crabtree was mugged.
ravens got away with it. John harbaugh didn't want a td no matter what. Clearly held crabtree in the endzone. Refs didn't do there job. It was blatant I agree. Need to have replay on these obvious penalties imo.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

indianation65 wrote:What's the big deal? I loved punching my brother while we were growing up.

...wisdom
HAHAHAHA...
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

49ers offense looked like the john fox offense with tim tebow. Tebow ran the read and spread offense instead of the pistol offense plus kaepernick can actually throw. Defenses will stop this option stuff next season.
Moss is done. Liked the superbowl except for the blind refs.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Meh ... talking about the blind refs is understandable but the Ravens had their share of bad luck too. If not for the power going out who knows what kind of a blowout it might have been?
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Cliff wrote:Meh ... talking about the blind refs is understandable but the Ravens had their share of bad luck too. If not for the power going out who knows what kind of a blowout it might have been?
Thats has nothing to do with the Refs thought. Crabtree being held, then PI, with no call, with a Ref inches away, isnt bad luck. Also, the Ravent only being called offsides once when they were jumping off or even lined up offsides, is deplorable ina SB game. Also Ray Lewis thanking god makes my stomach churn.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

Looked like the replacement refs. I would be so pissed if it was the vikings who got robbed. The call didn't decide the game, but crabtree wasn't given a chance to make the play.
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

Ed Reed was WAY over the LOS during that 2pt conversion attempt. It was a nice story book and predictable ending. I wish the NFL wouldn't make it so obvious sometimes.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Thats has nothing to do with the Refs thought. Crabtree being held, then PI, with no call, with a Ref inches away, isnt bad luck. Also, the Ravent only being called offsides once when they were jumping off or even lined up offsides, is deplorable ina SB game. Also Ray Lewis thanking god makes my stomach churn.
I watched a couple of plays where the 49ers got away with some penalties too. They were jamming Ravens receivers 10 yards deep at times.

The reason I bring up luck at all is because the 49ers needed a rediculous amount of it to even be in the game.

Momentum counts in football games. The Ravens had all the momentum going into the half and they came out swinging with a return TD to start the second half. It's difficult for me to think that the 49ers could have even been in the game for that "bad call" play to matter if not for their 35 minute break.

If that game was given to the Ravens by anybody it was the 49ers during the entire first half of the game ... not the refs on a handful of calls.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

its the ravens fault they lost all momentum after the lights went out. Just because the refs were bad all game doesn't mean they didn't rob the 49ers with that obvious non call. They were worse then in the steelers/ seahawks superbowl.
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

The Steelers vs Seahawks game? That was a beyond horribly officiated!

...wisdom
...spirits in the wind and the trees
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

Mothman wrote:I understand what you're saying and I agree that Smith was clearly holding Crabtree's jersey on the play. The reason I think it was a good non-call is because Crabtree never sold the route. He played it like he was trying to draw the penalty or get open by pushing off the defender. In that crucial situation, with the Super Bowl on the line, he came off the line slowly, turned and engaged the defender. He didn't commit to or sell the route and I think that's why he didn't get the call. Instead, he put his hands on Smith at the same time Smith was grabbing at him. Smith held, Crabtree pushed off and there was contact beyond five yards because neither could disengage by that point. If the official had throw the flag, he would have rewarded Crabtree's effort to draw a penalty or get open by pushing off.
The difference in my mind is the grabbing of the jersey. This wasn't just Crabtree ran into Smith and Smith put his hands up and they were pushing and shoving. Smith grabbed and held Crabtree's jersey.