Divisional Playoffs Thread

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Just Me
Hall of Famer

Re: Divisional Playoffs Thread

Post by Just Me »

Great game!
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Valhalla wrote:Niners at Falcons.
So much for "almost a certainty", eh? ;) You just never know what's going to happen in a tight football game. That was a fun one to watch Kudos to the falcons offense for keeping their cool and executing when it counted most.

The Atlanta defense had better cover and tackle a lot better than that next week or the 49ers will destroy them. I couldn't believe how bad some of Atlanta's tackling was in this game.

It's been a good weekend of playoff football so far. Hopefully, the Texans/Pats game will be exciting too.
PotGoblin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by PotGoblin »

I thought Atlanta squandered that with the kick giving them a shot that close to mid field.
Purple Pride till the end.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PotGoblin wrote:I thought Atlanta squandered that with the kick giving them a shot that close to mid field.

That was a poorly executed squib kick. I think the intent was probably to kick it higher.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Valhalla wrote:We've seen everything, maybe the Texans have a shot at this game to come, every game to me has been unpredictable. Ravens, SF may have been a lot of people's favorites but not to totally whip GB... and this last one...
I confess I nearly 'pencilled this one in' as a Seahawks win...
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
PotGoblin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by PotGoblin »

what a start for the Texans
PotGoblin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by PotGoblin »

well that was a waste of a 90+ yard return
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

I gotta say, Seattle blowing it there at the end, after that amazing comeback has to make this the most disappointing loss of the playoffs thus far. Damn I was all jacked up and then we got to see that prevent garbage. Then we got to see another coach get burned trying to ice the kicker. I mean I was sitting there praying for a miss just so Atlanta could maybe feel the pain we felt in '98 and then he missed it, but we heard the whistles and then I just knew he was going to drill the next one. Happens all the time. Damn you Atlanta and damn you Pete Carroll.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Texans are getting hurt by the drops. One should have been a TD on the first drive; another should have been a first down in the red zone (or close). That'll come back to haunt them.

Here they go --pats to the 1.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Reignman wrote:I gotta say, Seattle blowing it there at the end, after that amazing comeback has to make this the most disappointing loss of the playoffs thus far. Damn I was all jacked up and then we got to see that prevent garbage. Then we got to see another coach get burned trying to ice the kicker. I mean I was sitting there praying for a miss just so Atlanta could maybe feel the pain we felt in '98 and then he missed it, but we heard the whistles and then I just knew he was going to drill the next one. Happens all the time. Damn you Atlanta and damn you Pete Carroll.

I was thinking along the same lines, but then I realized it was 15 years ago... it sure was bitter for us, but I can't hold a grudge on the dirty bird fans!
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

The Texans' offense is borderline incompetent. I'll be amazed if they can continue to keep this game close.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Bye Bye Smurfs! :twisted:
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

This sets up the delicious possibility of Atlanta losing the NFC Championship game at home... in overtime, by a FG.

:party: :party: :party:
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

As much as I dislike the Harboughs, I hope SF destroys ATL. And then the Pats...
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Valhalla wrote: They said on the pregame that Atlanta is the most winning team of the last 5 years, yet going into this game was 0-3 in playoff games over the same period, recent playoff games I suppose. But I think it is a more bitter loss for Seattle, like ours in the past than if Atlanta had lost it because Seattle really wrestled the game away, not enough.
In the NFC, Atlanta has won 56 games the last 5 years. Only the Pats have won more at 60. The Packers are sitting at 53.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966